Lottery Tickets

Discussion in 'Money & Finances' started by Sheldon Scott, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Maybe not but I bet half the people don't even care where the money goes, they want a chance at winning. It's a form of gambling. At the most I spend maybe $10 a year on the lottery and it provides me with a little bit of hope and fun the few times I do play.

2. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Yes, that's what I remembered reading long ago about the lottery in general but it's not my deciding factor in buying a ticket. Too bad that it doesn't go where they say, but I don't believe anything anymore anyway.

Terry Page and Bonnie Thomas like this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Registered

4. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Good article Chrissy. Yup, 1.4 billion. How crazy is that. I just heard this guy on the radio say he bought 10 tickets for each one in his family and they didn't even get one number correct on any of them. I don't play unless something moves me to. I think 1.4 billion is pretty moving haha.

Sheldon Scott and Chrissy Cross like this.
  5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

image.jpg Don't know how true this is but...WOW!

6. Bonnie Thomas

Bonnie Thomas Veteran Member
    Registered

Double Wow! .. :po_O

7. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

What an idiot. Some people just can't do math. The actual amount would be 4 dollars and 33 cents.

Lara Moss likes this.
  8. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

Hehe Thank you for "fixing" that, Sheldon. I didn't have to get my trusty calculator out, but I looked at that and thought "Oh for crying out loud, that can't POSSIBLY be correct!" But that means I'll expect to see this misinformation going viral on Facebook within a day or two. :confused:

9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Lol, that's where I got if from. Should have done the math! Didn't seem right to me either.

10. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I just had a thought. If everyone in the country would send me $4.33 I wouldn't need to win the lottery. C'mon now, everyone, send cash.

11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Lol, I've had that thought before and I am only asking for $1 :)

Terry Page likes this.
  12. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

Well now aren't you clever?! I'm more greedy than clever... I'd say send ME $10 instead. Wonderful riches will come to you within 48 hours after it leaves your pocket and enters mine. (Well, at least wonderful riches will come to ME! :p )

Which reminds me of how problematic chain letters were, especially in the mid and late 70s. I never did those but they kept coming... and coming from people I wouldn't have thought in a million years would fall for something like that. I guess it was the threat of harm coming if you *didn't* do it more than the promise of riches that made some of them do it.

Oooopsie, scratch that... I *did* do a few recipe exchanges that now when I'm thinking about it, did actually amount to a chain letter, I guess... but a harmless one on a different level. Send a favorite recipe to #1 on the list, remove it and add your name to the bottom. I may have also done a picture book exchange for kids at one point. But never a money one, not even a dollar, and never one that had threats of harm whether veiled or blatant.

Anyone else ever do those exchanges whether or not it was technically a chain letter?

13. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Wife gave $10 at work for the last drawing and gave another $10 yesterday for the next drawing. She will also buy $10 worth of tickets.
    As for me, give me $100 and put me on a few $1 slot machine and most likely I'll make some money! I've won $200 and $500 before..........by just playing a single $20 bill. Yep, had $100 in-hand, walked up to a $1 slot, put in a $20 and walked away with $220. Just like that!
    BTW, if we won, my wife is a Degreed Accountant and definitely knows how to invest money. Oh, we would have a good time traveling, buying a nice lakefront house (w/dock) somewhere, giving part of the winnings to family and a church of our choice...........but, one thing is definitely for sure, we would do some "PARTYING"!

14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I won $500 in Vegas with just a few quarters. There was a glitch with the computers at check in so while my SO stood in line I went to a slot machine and won! A good start to the weekend but it went downhill from there.

I also won $1,500 on a $1 slot machine in Fresno one New Year's Eve,

15. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

The Government would still make a bundle....just on the stamps.;)

Chrissy Cross likes this.