Lots Of Free Holiday Movies

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Diane Lane, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

When I don't have cable channels, I tend to lean toward Ion Television, which is a great local station providing high quality second tier programming. They have shows that have already been on the main channels, that are very popular, such as Blue Bloods, Criminal Minds, and others like them. They also recently added Burn Notice, one of my favorite shows. I stumbled across this list of their upcoming holiday movies and wanted to share. holiday-movie-schedule Ion Television.jpg

Ken Anderson likes this.
  2. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Wow this is cool! We aren't big enough to have a television station. I'll copy these though because I have about 10 -15 christmas faves of mine. But I might be able to find these too, well, not all of course but some!! ty @Diane Lane Oh I see, some are playing over again, that's great in case you miss them, but also, to watch them again. I never get tired of my Christmas movies. No chance of snow where I live now though:(

3. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

Diane Lane and Denise Evans like this.
  4. Denise Evans

Registered

Ok, I did get the info, but that might be helpful too;) ty much, both of you:) I so love christmas time, and this year is going to be so, much better. I pray it's a good time for all. I think Christmas is really more of a State of mind than anything, but it helps to have some things turning our right around us for us a change:) Maybe I should say, just more hope this year than I've had in a long time:)

5. Denise Evans

Registered

I LOVED "A Christmas Kiss 1":) I didn't know they made a 2. All that mushy stuff, LOL!! Actually Christmas is about the only time of year I can handle mushy movies;)

6. Diane Lane

Registered

@Denise Happyfeet Do you not get any television channels where you live? Ion is a basic channel here and back home, as well. It is one of the stations like local Fox, ABC, CBS, NBC that comes in on antenna, or via basic cable.

Denise Evans likes this.
  7. Denise Evans

Registered

Hi @Diane Lane I don't have cable, I chose a wifi only deal with the 1, single cable company here. I may be able to pick up basic with an antenna, I've thought about trying just haven't gotten around to it.

If I do that, I'll let you know. Also, I can talk to some of the folks in the area and ask if any use antenna, rather than cable. I'm not sure where the nearest TV station is, which city, but I can find that out to, and will. If I could even get the basics, that would be great:) ty much, and have a great day, denise

Diane Lane likes this.
  8. Diane Lane

Registered

I'm 35 miles from the nearest station, and am able to pick up about 16 or more with the antenna. Sometimes it's nice to watch a show on the actual TV, without having to run an HDMI cord or something else to it in order to do so. I still have the basic cable, but I'm considering cutting even that off and just going with the antennas when I'm able to get another one.

9. Denise Evans

Registered

I used the HDMI with my computer for a year or so, then finally got a Roku. Still, I like the idea of have some stations so I will check it out finally;)

Diane Lane likes this.
  10. Diane Lane

Registered

That's why I haven't cut off the local channels yet. I like to be able to turn on the TV and see something, and don't have an antenna for each TV...yet. I watched some Leverage on Ion yesterday, they were starting from the beginning. I still want to get another Roku, too. The prices should be down or coming down, now that they've announced several new ones will be coming out or have already come out, I don't recall which.

11. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

The only one I can watch over and over again is "Christmas Story". All time fave. I'll be at son's for Christmas so I'm sure I'll be watching all the children's Christmas ones over and over and over again...but with them, I enjoy it.

Diane Lane and Gary McNeill like this.
  12. Gary McNeill

Gary McNeill Veteran Member
    Registered

Sometimes I like Christmas movies that are really not the normal type. For instance I liked bad Santa. Bad Santa two is coming out another week.
    I also like the old-fashioned Christmas ones like it's a wonderful life with James Stewart.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  13. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Never heard of that one, Gary..but you know me...not a movie buff. Although I did binge watch a full season yesterday of a made for Amazon show...Fleabag...don't recommend it but it was my kind of weird show.

Not for those easily offended.

Gary McNeill likes this.
  14. Diane Lane

Registered

I have some favorites. Here are a couple of them. They're hard to find, but I was able to buy a copy of Christmas Angel last year on DVD. Eventually, I'll get A Season For Miracles, too. And, here's another I enjoy watching. It's typically on every year, but I don't recall which station plays it, probably Lifetime or Hallmark. This is another I watch yearly. It stars Melissa Joan Hart and Mario Lopez, with lots of others you'll recognize, too.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    Gary McNeill likes this.