Looks Like My Camera Is Giving Up The Ghost

Discussion in 'Photos & Video' started by Babs Hunt, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Do you photo folks know about this:https://raise.usa.canon.com/ ? They are apparently giving away at least one high-end Canon camera if you download copious photos by tomorrow. I don't know how it works outside the U.S. Perhaps they have other sites for other countries.

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Great!
    I done something like that last week on a display in our Christmas Village collection. When I plugged the building in, the light for the fiber optics and other things on the building didn't come on. My wife wasn't happy, because it's one of her favorite Village displays. It's a medium size town with a fiber optic river flowing from top to bottom, in the middle.

So, like Babs, I unscrewed four small screws and pulled out the light and small color wheel. I plugged the display in and the color wheel was turning, but the light wasn't on. My wife was going to have me order another light, but I told her "what if the light is still good?" So, I unhooked two small hold-down hooks that were holding the light in the socket, plugged the display in again, and wiggled the light. The light came on!! My was so, so happy. I very, very carefully attached the two hold-down hooks back onto the light and put the light and wheel back inside the display and put screws back. Plugged it in, the light came on for the display and fiber-optic flowing river worked.

Happy, Happy, Happy!!

3. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

A few years ago, on a trip to the Amazon basin rain forest, I had my brand new point-and-shoot on a lanyard underneath my plastic rain poncho.

Big mistake.

It got so steamy under there that it fried/shorted out my display. The camera still worked......I just couldn't see what I was doing. The options were on the screen, unfortunately, so I couldn't switch over to "night" or "cloudy" or "macro". Luckily, I had my old one back at the lodge, so I could use that one for the rest of the trip.

Won't be making that mistake again.

Holly Saunders and Don Alaska like this.
  4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

:D