Living Water

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Joe Riley, May 2, 2016.

1. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

All the talk about the benefits of "Structured Water", in the Health & Wellness Section. made me think that it's nature is kind of a living water. This reminded me of the two mentions of Special water in John.

The first is in Chapter 2:Verses 6-10.

And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece.

7 Jesus saith unto them, Fill the waterpots with water. And they filled them up to the brim.

8 And he saith unto them, Draw out now, and bear unto the governor of the feast. And they bare it.

9 When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was: (but the servants which drew the water knew;) the governor of the feast called the bridegroom,

10 And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.

The second one is in Chapter 4: verses 6-10.

Now Jacob's well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied with his journey, sat thus on the well: and it was about the sixth hour.

7 There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink.

8 (For his disciples were gone away unto the city to buy meat.)

9 Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans.

10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

Babs Hunt and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I tell you in all honesty...without Jesus as my living water I would definitely not be able to wade or swim through the floods of life. But because Jesus is my living water He just floats me gently down even the tsunamis in this life.

Joe Riley likes this.
  3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

In the Message Bible it says it "will be an artesian spring within, gushing fountains of endless life" (Jn 4:14). I like that.

Babs Hunt likes this.