Living In A Van Or Small Trailer

Discussion in 'Places I Have Lived' started by Kitty Carmel, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Well-Known Member
    Registered

I couldn't do this. Being single, I'd be too intimidated plus I'm a cat person and cats don't travel well.

I have however been watching a lot of You Tube videos regarding this in addition to my tiny house obsession. Really I can drool with jealousy at some of these people. Perhaps it's not for everyone forever but I can see doing it for a year or two. A former co-worker now has her hospital administration license, rented out their house and is living in a trailer and they will go wherever the job takes her for now.

It is a freedom. There have to be drawbacks.

Maybe I'm just seriously in need of a trip I have no plans of taking.

2. Gloria Mitchell

Gloria Mitchell Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Lolol we watch the tiny house shows also. Being claustrophobic there is no way for me.Years ago hubby thought we would become rv people...no can not do that either.

3. Denise Happyfeet

Denise Happyfeet Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I was so thinking about an RV lifestyle but I recently took 2 weeks to go explore the possibility of staying the Summer, in a friends 5th wheel. It was such a tight squeeze. Not only that, I realized that anything goes wrong with an RV, I am the one to fix it. At my age, I don't want to be a home-owner again, even if the home has wheels. Just too much responsibility.

I so love the idea of traveling around meeting new people all the time, but I think just taking trips would suffice like Kitty mentions.

I do love those cute, tiny homes though, and the ones you can pull behind a truck etc. There are so many retired people doing the full-time thing, but as a single woman, I just wouldn't feel secure enough now.

One thing for sure though, like both you gals, I need a pup or a kitti;)

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  4. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Well-Known Member
    Registered

I can imagine the gas it would cost. I can't see myself either as a single woman driving around the country in a RV or large van. I still like the idea of it and it can work for some so I'll just keep watching the videos.

@Denise Happyfeet I hope once settled you get a pet.