Like Science Fiction? Have You Seen Humans?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Diane Lane, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

It's based on a series in Sweden, and is pretty interesting. I watched the first episode last night, and there's one more on demand. The series just started mid-June, so it's a good time to get caught up, and see if you want to finish watching the season live. The show is on AMC, which really has some interesting programming, although I don't hear much about it, other than when my Mom mentions something (like Hell on Wheels), or I happen to stumble across one of their shows when searching the TV Guide online.

Here's a little about it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humans_(TV_series)
    And, here's where you can watch it: http://www.amc.com/shows/humans?gclid=CN26rJ3c1cYCFdKFfgodLWILag

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

My wife isn't into scary types of movies, like Humans appears to be. But we both love Star Wars!

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Diane Lane

Registered

It's not a movie, it's a television series, and it isn't scary. It's about AI. I'm not into Star Wars or those types of movies, but will occasionally catch a sci fi type one, so I'm glad I saw the ad for Humans and tuned in.

4. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Some of my best friends are humans!;)

Diane Lane likes this.
  5. Diane Lane

Registered

Some of mine, as well, but I often find I prefer the company of animals, other than my small circle of humans :p.

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Sorry, I remember it's a tv series, but wife still wouldn't want to watch it.........and (a lot of times) she rules the tv! LOL

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We have that going on in our house, too. Bobby keeps the TV remote right by his recliner, and truthfully, I don't think that I even know how to work it if I did want to use it.
    I use my iPad for everything, and put on the headphones so it does not disturb the TV program, and that works good for us.
    I am not much of a television watcher in any case, and when we do watch something together, then he takes care of all of that with the television.

Joe Riley likes this.
  9. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I also like Star Wars and in fact I had posted in another thread that we are awaiting that movie, maybe the last Star Wars of Harrison Ford. It is ironic that my husband who is a sci-fi fan does not like Star Wars. We had seen the original Jurassic Park which looked good to him and except for some holes in the story, my husband also liked Jurassic World which was shown just this year. He said that Star Wars is just too far away and that his mind couldn't grasp the reality of the milieu particularly that of Chuvaca, an animal-looking alien. What he wants in science fiction is something near although not very near but definitely not too far in time and not too far out in characters.