Like Attention And / Or Being Life Of The Party?

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

When I was very young I use to climb trees, and serenade the birds. Does that count? By the time I was 15, I was singing country songs to occupy my time. I would sing to myself and my son. Then one day, my brother recorded me on one of those 3"X5" mini recorders. (They got even smaller.) Then he played back and I couldn't believe it was so horribly funny. Although someone did explain to me that those things always sounded badly, and that sounded just fine, but I never sang in front of others again.

Then in the mid 70's, when most people hit the dance floors in Texas, I started dancing. I was so very backwards and standoffish that when a man other than my husband would asked me to dance, I would, just to keep from having to speak. If was the first time my being double jointed came in handy. Turns out I could move, and like @Holly Saunders, I became a competitive dancer in Ballroom and Country dancing.

IMG_4006.JPG

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  2. Chris Ladewig

Chris Ladewig Veteran Member
    Registered

Depends on how much I've had to drink. I've danced on the bar a few times.

3. Sandy Wood

Sandy Wood Veteran Member
    Registered

I am not a party animal, but prefer to hang in the background and visit with people and watch those who have had to much to drink make udder fools of themselves.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  4. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Well @Sandy Wood there seems to be plenty of us out there, but for most of us, we too are setting back and having a few giggles at those still young enough to kick up their heals.

Patsy Faye and Honey Gee like this.
  5. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I was born and raised in a conservative family, my father having 8 boys and 4 girls with me as the youngest. So that makes it obvious that my parents were strict with me which made me a bit old fashioned maybe. I never liked the limelight although I don't want to be a wallflower either. When in a party, I try to meld and be just another face in the crowd. That's the reason why me and my husband go along very well, we both do not like to be in the limelight although there were instances that we couldn't avoid to be on the stage and be acknowledged for what we have done.

Honey Gee and Patsy Faye like this.
  6. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Ever since I can remember, I have enjoyed acting in plays.. Sometimes getting a major role while other times just a minor part, but acting on stage is one of my hobbies..
    It is rather hard work especially when you have to know your lines and blocking (movements) considering you have about 300 lines to memorize..
    My first play I was in, I was about 4 or 5 years old and it was some sort of a festival play where I had only 2 words to say.. I was a candle and the one lighting the candles would go from candle to candle to light them while each candle said their lines.. Well, when it came to me, I froze with my 2 words, so the lighter went on to the next candle.. About 2 or 3 candles down, I remembered my 2 words so I went to the front of the stage wile the play was going on and said my 2 words out loud.. The audience went wild with laughter..
    Since being retired and living in a small community, I have been in several local plays..
    LOVE IT !!!
    Now, I have given up acting as it is getting on in years and there are not very many rolls for older males like me....

7. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Well done Steve - its a good way to come out of the shell and give a bit o confidence :)

Honey Gee likes this.
  8. Patsy Faye

Registered

I would have a tipple at a do, but never too tipsy
    I like to know what I'm doing, what I'm saying and enjoy the evening and, most important
    'remember it' :p
    In fact a cup o coffee would be just as well :)

Ina I. Wonder and Honey Gee like this.
  9. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

It doesn't bother me not to drink as I have grown older. Unlike my younger version

Patsy Faye likes this.
  10. Patsy Faye

Registered

Ha ha - oh I see - a bit o Dutch courage needed back then, same here :D

Honey Gee likes this.
  11. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't drink at all..
    No alcohol in any form for me, thank-you....
    I can have a bad day without it....

Yvonne Smith and Patsy Faye like this.
  12. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I had a class when I was in high school called Speech & Drama. Loved that class! That's when I first found out that I didn't have "stage fright", could handle "attention" and get a party going.

As for me, very little, if any alcohol was needed to get me started. However, wife requires a couple before her mouth really gets going. Once that happens, she is going around talking to everyone. I have to keep looking to see where she's at!

13. Patsy Faye

Registered

Ha ha ! :p :D

14. Patsy Faye

Registered

Little kids would knock on my door 'are you doing a show today ?'
    I'd say - yea come in. I'd sit them down with a glass of lemonade and start the show !
    At school - the kids would say 'can Patsy sing first Miss ?'
    I'd do me song, then the lessons could begin :p

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  15. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

No, I don't really like attention on me in a large group, I'm probably on the shy side in real life but still friendly enough.

At a party I'd be the one talking to the ones that are being ignored....unless I've had a lot to drink, then I don't know what I'd be doing...nothing good though....so, I've heard. :)

Ina I. Wonder and Patsy Faye like this.