Like Attention And / Or Being Life Of The Party?

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

As for myself, getting "attention" has never bothered me. Got plenty of "attention" at my Senior Banquet (high school) when I was in a Swimsuit Contest with two other male classmates. No makeup on, just a 1-piece female swimsuit and swim cap. I accepted being the winner before the Banquet day. It was like a Skit. I got to walk with the President of the Class, who was a neighbor of mine. We (him/I) got our picture in the Yearbook.

When I was involved with pro-rodeo, I got "attention" as well. Loved it all.

Wife took me to a co-worker's Christmas Party. I was still on crutches from a hip replacement. When we walked in the door, it was so quiet, a person could hear a penny drop on the kitchen floor. People were darn near whispering. I thought to myself, "this is a Christmas Party?". So, I spoke fairly loudly, "I thought this was a party!". Same statement Kevin Bacon used in the movie Footloose. The Christmas music that was playing was nice, but this was a party, even though it was Christmas. I mentioned to my wife's co-worker that I had some Classic Rock cd's in the vehicle and she said "go get them". Next thing I knew, Earth/Wind and Fire was playing as well as Bad Company and Heart later. When we left, the co-worker thanked us for coming and said to me, "thanks Cody for livening up my party". I said "no problem, glad to help".

I don't crave "attention", but sure do like it when it comes my way. As stated in another Thread, I got a lot of "attention" when I wore an old Darth Vader costume to an outdoor Halloween Party near us.

So, at any age, were you ever the "life of the party" and/or liked attention?

Marie Mallery and Patsy Faye like this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Good post - enjoyed the read :D
    I like to liven things up a bit, not that I've been to a do lately. But I like to give me rendition of
    'That's Life' - just for starters :p

Marie Mallery and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  3. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

I am not an attention seeker due to being a bit shy. I do however love a good time and actually enjoy a good party but you will find me on the periphery

Patsy Faye likes this.
  4. Patsy Faye

Registered

I'm a strange creature - I'm not loud and can't stand 'loud' people, I'll leave the room
    But I've always been an entertainer but as I got older got more nervous about performing
    Can't be bothered now, so I'll join you on the periphery :D

5. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I'd much rather be behind the camera than in front of it....I'm not someone who likes to be noticed at parties, and I'd hate to be on a stage alone , I'd rather be part of a group or working behind the scenes.

I was an amateur /pro dancer for many years in my youth, and a very good dancer if I say so myself...and I used to get a lot of attention then..whether dancing at a club or party

I'm no shrinking violet, but I hate over loud people..and if there's someone at a party who is loud and showing off all the time to the detriment of the enjoyment of most people , I will quietly leave..

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  6. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

I bet we have a great time though

Patsy Faye likes this.
  7. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

Come join Patsy and me in the quieter section

Patsy Faye likes this.
  8. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

LOL..I'm already here with you both... :D:D we'll just sit in the corner and talk about what everyone is wearing... ;)

Honey Gee and Patsy Faye like this.
  9. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, being a former drummer/rocker, one thing I pretty much am not and that is quiet. However, I do have my times......when I'm sick or asleep.

Ina I. Wonder and Patsy Faye like this.
  10. Patsy Faye

Registered

No bout a doubt it (hic) :p

Honey Gee likes this.
  11. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

I am shy too, but I do the life of the party stuff sometimes online, because it is easier. Also, thinking of things to say is easier, because your mind can kind of work while you are typing a response. I am not super shy though I will perform for people, and tried out for an acting part at Kings Dominion last year, in front of a big group. I got a role, but it was not something I wanted, and driving back from there at night, was both hairy and scary, not to be repeated.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  12. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

wow impressed

13. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Thanks!

14. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered