Light Bulbs

Discussion in 'Home Improvement' started by Chrissy Cross, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Yeah, I hate the CFL's because they are still, as the name implies, florescent. They still contain enough Mercury to make about 4000 gallons of water toxic and still have a hum. Even though the hum is almost inaudible we still pick it up and the visual is still working the heck out of our retina's. Everything added up plus that they only max out at about 3K Kelvin, to me makes them biologically harmful.

Now, Cree and I am sure some other companies, put out a 5000K+ LED which can handle a variable resistor. (dimable)
    Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot et al all carry the higher Kelvin rated LED's. Matter of fact, I found a treasure for sure on sale at Walmart yesterday. A normally GE $65 4' LED shop light was on sale for $35.00 so yes, I bought it!
    At 5000K it showers a very large part of my shop with "daylight" and I'm actually thinking of going back today and buy up a couple more. They're pretty good looking so I'm thinking that the kitchen light, an old incandescent globe type thing, needs to be replaced. Oh yeah, the guarantee is for 22.5 years on the bulb.

Von Jones likes this.