Life Doesn't Just Happen

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Avigail David, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Avigail David

Avigail David Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm sure there's comfort about my being human in my today's woes are not my tomorrow's destiny. However, standing on a mountain-top for a moment, where everything looks well-- being on top of the world is no guarantee that tomorrow will be very pleasant -- full of smiles. I don't live on my own. Sometimes I wish I do-- where I need not worry about making decisions for myself as I please without the burden of others affecting my decisions.

Most things in life do not just happen by chance like the whim of a roll of dice. Or on a capricious wish I'd like to imagine doing for myself. But, I think love is holding my reins from running and meeting my destiny in a quick fix. A lot of things have to be studied, reasoned from within and without, and consider the options-- putting away the blame-card. Waiting is difficult.

Compassion for others as I go. Yes, that's what it is. I'd always wish good and happy moments. But actually, I can make them happen-- for the people I care most about.

There.

2. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Indeed, looking back tells us of our mistakes and regrets that's why I try to look ahead and glance back at the past just for the lessons I need. For me, there's no positive use of reminiscing the past only to be sad and emotional. As the poets say, life has to go on and the world doesn't stop revolving because of a sad incident in our life. For now, I try to enjoy life and I always tell myself that life is short and I must make the most of what I can with what I have.

Allison Schuck likes this.
  3. Allison Schuck

Allison Schuck Veteran Member
    Registered

Both excellent posts. Thank you.