Let's Help Our Teens!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Richard Paradon, May 24, 2015.

1. Richard Paradon

Richard Paradon Supreme Member
    Registered

I am not sure where to place this, but I guess this is as good a place as any. It may be too late for us, but by encouraging our grandchildren to watch and take notes on these videos, I am sure that they will be apt to succeed in most social occasions and not be like that poor girl in the first clip!

Diane Lane likes this.
  2. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

These are great, @Richard Paradon! I can imagine showing them to teens these days and watch and hear what they thought!

Richard Paradon likes this.
  3. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

Before we can help the teens we have to teach their parnets some mannors. The kids do what they see at home.

Richard Paradon and Diane Lane like this.
  4. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I have to say I agree with @Pat Baker. Rudeness and insolence are rampant throughout both generations. I know there are some good ones, but of course, the bad ones stand out and get the attention.

5. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Teens today aren't going to listen any more than we did when we were teens. Some things can best be learned from experience. The best we can do is try to be a good example and hope they will follow.

6. Avigail David

Avigail David Veteran Member
    Registered

Often, our teens struggle with any conversations with us. They struggle because we don't hear and listen. This might be the reason why they've decided within themselves that we don't understand and it's no use talking to us.

We can change all that. And today, we can always start anew and afresh. :)

7. Val White

Val White Veteran Member
    Registered

In general Teens don't listen , they never have and they never will...unless it suits them :)

8. John Donovan

John Donovan Veteran Member
    Registered

Really classy and helpful videos, but if you show one to the teenagers of today they'll just laugh at you and your vintage stuff. And they aren't really in the wrong, I mean, some of the stuff here is pretty outdated and too pretentious for today's society. In fact, if you would teach them some of the tips in the videos, they'll be laughed at by the rest of the society. So I think that it's best to let teenagers do whatever they want, because they have to become mature someday, and that happens to everybody.

9. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

Unfortunately we have a better chance of teaching proper etiquette to chimpanzee then we do a teenager. Sorry, but I know at that age kids can be rebellous, they can be opionionated, they won't listen to us trying to tell them how to act. To them such standards would be considered old fashion. Don't worry though they will out grow it eventually.