Let’s Talk About Time Travel And Multiple Timelines

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Mal Campbell, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I just came across this fascinating little video about the Mandela Effect, and actually about Nelson Mandela, which is where the phenomenon gets its name.
    This video shows a book that was published in Africa in late 1991, and it states in the book how terrible it was when Mandela died in July, 1991. There are links to the book, so it is apparently real, and actually written back at that time period.
    I remember thinking that he had died, and being surprised to learn that he was alive and then being released from prison, when I had thought him already dead; but since it was not something that I had followed closely, I just assumed that I remembered wrong.
    Eventually, I read about the Mandela Effect and realized that there are a bunch of us who remember some of these things happening differently.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

I remember a guy, who I worked with, had used up all his sick days.....so he called off DEAD!;)

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Here is another interesting video that goes into some other memories that people remember in more than one way, or in different ways might be a better way to describe it.
    Before you watch the video, ask yourself these questions:

1. Who was the spokesman for the Publisher’s Clearing House giveaways ?
    2. Where is the Statue of Liberty located ?
    3. How many moon landings were there ?

And this one is not in the video, but how does this Bible verse go , “ and the lion shall lie down with the ____.”
    Answer it and then look in your Bible.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  4. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, Yvonne, I was about to say lamb but I don't explicedly recall the Bible saying it that way. I don't have a bible so you'll have to tell me. I do seem to recall an Old Testament menthoning something about this but where I do not know. Maybe I'm wrong and there is no mention.

And like someone else mentioned, I don't recall hearing of the Mandela effect before unless age is messing with my memory.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

“The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, the leopard shall lie down with the young goat, the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.” – Isaiah 11:6 (NKJV)

“The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, the lion shall eat straw like the ox.” – Isaiah 65:25 (NKJV)

Lambert Regenlöf and Bobby Cole like this.
  6. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Speaking of time travel, I'll just bump this thread from the 2015 vault. :D

Personally, I have zero interest in traveling to the future; I believe that would be terrifying. I'd really like to travel back to the 1990's and see both my parents again. Just hear their voices and get some hugs and ask some questions about family that I wish I'd known to ask while they were alive.

7. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

One of my biggest regrets, not asking questions and conversing more, especially with my Nana
    So back to the 60s for me - YAY !

8. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

It has been said that one of the most overwhelming fears concerning death is that one might not be remembered.
    I think, if given the choice between past and future I’d try the not too distant future just to see if my life affected anyone for the better. Perhaps it’s a little arrogant to hope that I have but perchance that I may have helped direct someone in the search for a better life, my life would have been worth living a little more.

Beth Gallagher and Ken Anderson like this.
  9. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

I definitely wouldn't want to go forward. I might run into something bad such as someone I love's death. It would be fun to go back, not to change anything, but just see if life really looked the way I remember it. Or Hey...make a great financial investment or stock market purchase!! That would be cool.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  10. Yvonne Smith

An interesting picture. I think that i remember reading about something like this before, where older maps showed a different view than we see now. It makes the idea of different timelines seem a little more possible, maybe.
    Since you are from Australia, @Craig Swanson , what do you think about this difference in the old map and newer one ?

EEE7B225-0A6A-461A-A012-E01AC771C587.jpeg

11. Yvonne Smith

Apparently, one university in Tennessee is researching a way to try and find some kind of proof that such a things as a parallel universe could actually exist. I don’t understand all of the science explained in the experiment, but it will be interesting to find out what the results turn out to show.
    I have been reading more about multiple timelines, and some of the information seems to suggest that timelines can be manipulated , which would explain how we can remember an event, but have a little different memory about it than another person has of the same event.

https://curiosmos.com/researchers-are-trying-to-open-a-portal-leading-to-a-parallel-universe/

12. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

You can see alternate reality on the evening news every day.

13. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

In the mathematical super string theory, there are at least 10 dimensions as opposed to the 3 we all have common knowledge of.

Bess Barber likes this.
  14. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

Using Gematria, some Rabbinical groups have ascertained that the Torah actually contains a lot of dimensions. Therefore, God is of multi dimensions. I always wondered if this is what Jesus was referring to when He said he would explain it all, but we couldn't comprehend it. Through computers, some has been worked through, but honestly, it's way over my heard. I think the spirit realm is vastly underrated and misunderstood. This is why we rest on faith with only pieces of understanding rolling through our brains from time to time.

These thoughts can challenge me to study more, but the more I know, the more I realize I don't know. :)

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  15. Yvonne Smith

This happens to me, too, @Bess Barber . When you try to look at things with an unbiased mind, and still keep your Christian based beliefs, it gets hard to reconcile everything together.
    Then , I get to the same point as you are describing, I know that it all fits, but I don’t understand things well enough to put the puzzle pieces in the right places.
    The Bible tells us that right now, we see as through a glass darkly, which means we can barely tell what is on the other side of that glass at this point.
    Even so, I enjoy reading and learning as many of the possibilities as I can, and try to see what fits and where.

Bobby Cole likes this.