Leftist Professor Threatens To Flunk Students Who Say 'male' Or 'female'

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Avigail David, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Avigail David

Avigail David Veteran Member
    Registered

This is happening at the Washington State University. In his syllabus, he mentions "gross generalizations, stereotypes, derogatory, oppressive language, man/woman, illegal aliens" are not acceptable. A whole lot of kerfuffle causing agitation among intelligent, thinking male and female students who shouldn't let this male professor's totalitarian code bully them.

In my opinion, this prof has to take a hike. Far, far away from teaching and holding position as 'role model' among group of men and women legal citizens of America.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/leftist-professor-threatens-fail-students-who-say-male-or-female

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
    Pat Davis and Sheldon Scott like this.
  2. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Someone just might show that professor the difference between dead and alive.

3. Ruth Belena

Ruth Belena Veteran Member
    Registered

I 'm on the side of the professor. It really annoys me when I read articles that refer to 'him' and 'he' when discussing a profession
    and when they include words like 'businessman' and 'salesmen'.

I also think he is right because if those students continue to use generalizations, stereotypes, derogatory, oppressive language it will harm their future careers and this is not acceptable in the twenty-first century job market or workplace.

The prof is actually helping his students by doing this and in the context of the course he is teaching it is very relevant.

Tom Locke likes this.
  4. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

IMHO, I would love to see a whole class stand up and shout "MALE AND FEMALE" when he enters the room. See if he flunks the whole class.

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

People shouldn't expect common sense when they step into a college classroom anymore, or anywhere else in this country, for that matter.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  6. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

I agree absolutely. That website reminds me of Britain's Daily Mail, whereby anybody to the left of Genghis Khan is regarded as a danger to society. Their society, that is, of racists, bigots, homophobes, misogynists and anyone with a mind so narrow you'd struggle to pass a cigarette paper through it.

7. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Male or female. Most people are one or the other. It makes no sense at all to pretend they are the same.

Pat Davis and Avigail David like this.
  8. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

You took the words right out of my mouth Ike! I hate it for some people that they no longer have enough brain cells to know the difference between male and female! I don't even care how many body parts they have lopped off, if it's a HE, I will not call it a SHE! People need to get a freakin' life! I was screaming about this earlier today! End of rant!