Leaving For The Beach On Thursday

Discussion in 'Travel & Vacation' started by Babs Hunt, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Finally the plans are in place and I'm going to the beach. :)

9bd498fcddfe3e9fd5737c8e477a7901.jpg

there's_no_place_like_beach_laptop_summer_1024x768_hd-wallpaper-1784008.jpg

I'll be keeping in touch and sending beach pics.... :D

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Have fun and keep on touch when you can!

Babs Hunt likes this.
  3. Linda Binning

Linda Binning Veteran Member
    Registered

Have fun Babs. I love the beach and I married a guy who loves the mountains. :(

Babs Hunt likes this.
  4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

@Linda Binning I love the mountains too, especially if there is a lake somewhere around them and lots of greenery. :) I love sitting at the beach and listen to the music of the waves and their dancing as they make their way to shore. Water fills my heart with peace and joy for some reason...and just like the waves wash away the sand...being at the beach washes away my stress and burdens. But I wouldn't want to live at the beach full time. I would much rather live full time where there is more greenery and hilly areas with lots of fishing lakes, etc. :) The beach is just one of my happy places and I'm way over due for going to one of my happy places!

Terry Page and Linda Binning like this.
  5. Dave Sun

Dave Sun Veteran Member
    Registered

Enjoy, Babs. It's my happy place, too. About 10 minutes away for me.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Really glad I was packing today...because in about 2 hours we will be leaving for Florida and the Beach! :D My sister who is driving wants to leave today because we are supposed to get heavy storms Thursday and Friday and she doesn't want to drive or travel in that. :eek: I say: "Let's get those storms out of the way so we can all enjoy the beach!"
    IMG_9065-002.JPG

7. Linda Binning

Registered

Bab's your our pic there really touches my heart as it reminds me of 5 months my husband and son were on a job in Coral Gables FL (So FL) and the company rented us an apt on the beach at Hollywood FL. I spent almost every afternoon and evening sitting in a lawn chair (they just had a few on the beach free for people to use there, I guess the businesses on the boardwalk paid for them) there on the east side of FL looking out at the sea and watching big ships go by, seeing the lights of what I think was Bermuda and people swimming etc. Why oh why did I talk my husband into retiring? :( We can't afford those kinds of trips now.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

My husband and I really can't afford a lot of trips either Linda. But I am blessed in that I have at least 3 sisters that live in Florida right by the beach and another sister that spends half the year there too. Since they still have family here they come to see I can catch a ride with them when they go back and spend time with my sisters and the beach. I haven't been able to spend as much time there as I would have liked to since I have been going back and forth to Texas to help with my grandbaby...and now that another one is on the way....I am going to go spend time on the beach while I can! :D

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  9. Linda Binning

Registered

You are lucky Babs. I am too only my go to place is So. Cal. My daughter lives not too far from Disneyland (which we are already tired of) and real close to Universal Studios so we get to do a lot down there. My granddaughter loves Little Tokyo and she goes down there about once a week and my daughter and granddaughter both are mallies as I call them so I do have sort of a vacation spot. :) My husband doesn't like to be in the big city very long though. He likes to fish in the mountains so that means being at home.

Chrissy Cross and Babs Hunt like this.
  10. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Made it safe and sound to Pensacola a few hours ago...going to the beach tomorrow. :)

Chrissy Cross and Yvonne Smith like this.
  11. Karen McKenzie

Karen McKenzie Veteran Member
    Registered

image.jpg Have a great time :)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    Babs Hunt likes this.
  12. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

Have fun Babs and company! Don't forget the sun screen! Don't forget to come home again.:D

Babs Hunt likes this.
  13. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

noplacethebeach-hrz.jpg

It's going to be hard to come home....

14. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That sounds like SO much fun, @Babs Hunt ! When I lived in Western Washington, going to the ocean was one of my most favorite things. I would love to be close enough to the ocean that I could drive there and spend a day or even two of them. Bobby and I have talked about maybe someday being able to take the bus down to Mobile and go to the beach from there.
    I hope you have some good pictures to share with us, and that you have fun with your family, and get lots of sand in your toes walking on the beach.

Babs Hunt and Linda Binning like this.
  15. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Did not make it to the beach today after all but since I am in the City where the beach is...I will definitely get there. A little side tracking from 3 sisters who have been seeing the beach often (since they live here) but who don't get to see me often ended up changing my plans for the beach today. Instead I found myself doing a little shopping today, having lunch with them, followed by a game of Scrabble, and some Political conversation (we all want Trump to win) and we all are disgusted with the unfairness of the election process. I have to admit I was surprised to see all my sisters were very interested in what is going on in Politics right now and actually wanted to talk about what is going on. I also was surprised to find they all want Trump to win. Even though it didn't end up being "beach" day it has been a most enjoyable vacation day. :)

Chrissy Cross and Linda Binning like this.