Leads For Online And In Person (non-virtual) Jobs

Discussion in 'Self Employment' started by Diane Lane, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

If you're looking to bring in a little extra money to supplement your retirement, or simply for an opportunity to keep active mentally and physically, this site has some potential leads for employment. Some of them are virtual positions, and others are real life positions. They screen the jobs they list, at least somewhat, so there's less of a chance of getting scammed by the companies you'll find on this list. http://www.ratracerebellion.com/job_postings.html

Avigail David and Corie Henson like this.
  2. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, I have heard of this website, but to be honest I wasn't too impressed. Like you said there are legitimate jobs here, and there are. My issue is that some of the stuff they talk about I have already heard of before and either didn't qualify or didn't stick with. That's not to say that others might won't like this website, this is just my own personal feeling. I just find that when looking for jobs online one and off one of the best sources I have found is Craigslist, and yes I know some would squirm at that mention but this is another place where people have to be careful who they deal with. I figured out about the red flags such as not giving out credit card or bank account information. Also, another major red flag never ever meet someone in person unless its in an office or highly public setting.

Diane Lane likes this.
  3. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Hannah, what types of jobs are you looking for on Craigslist? I haven't looked there in a long time. Are you seeing a lot of online jobs, or mainly offline? I know there used to be legitimate jobs on there, as well as scams and some other questionable ones, but I rarely even go to Craigslist these days, and haven't even bothered to download the app to my tablet. Maybe I need to rethink that.

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

After seeing the news about Craiglist I'm a big skeptic of Craiglist now. Though I've seen the news about a woman's body found in the garbage can of an online dating site where the 2 met I still belong to an online dating and marriage site...though many have had success at Craiglist, I didn't go there for jobs. I recently found out about micro work and am researching it. You got to see if the site is popular aside of the regular norton safe web check, bbb.org check too so you'll be able to get a lot of jobs to do. I wish I had my own computer, but alas I can only borrow one from the library and use the library internet computers for now.

Diane Lane likes this.