Lazy, Cloudy, Bread Baking Day!

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Richard Paradon, May 13, 2015.

1. Richard Paradon

Richard Paradon Supreme Member
    Registered

Sometimes it is just a nice day to do nothing! Of course, since I am retired, I can choose to do nothing anytime I like, but usually it gets too boring.

This morning started off with a mini-monsoon but it did not last very long and now the clouds are mainly white which keeps the area a bit cool.

[​IMG]

So I decided to bake some jalapeno cheese bread which is not really that at all but should be called Birdseye cheese bread. According to wiki, the Thai chili is not as hot as a habanero, but many times more spicy than a jalapeno.

[​IMG]

My, my…you get a free lesson on chili peppers! Now just grab some butter and a plane ticket and join me!

2. Mal Campbell

Mal Campbell Supreme Member
    Registered

I'll be right there - you had me at white clouds and fresh bread!! :D

As usual, your photos are great and they really give us a little peak into Thailand. I wish it were that easy, to just jump on plane and head there. But the expense always seems to get in the way.

Do you think you could maybe mail me a slice or two and send a few of those clouds my way??

Richard Paradon likes this.
  3. Val White

Val White Veteran Member
    Registered

Hmmmmmmm. Can smell that from here. Where's a pot of glue, a bunch of feathers and an elastic band when you need one.

4. Richard Paradon

Registered

@Mal Campbell @Val White LOL, too late! For some reason, a few of my Thai neighbors (who never eat bread) decided to change their minds again and it is all gone!

5. Mal Campbell

Mal Campbell Supreme Member
    Registered

You seem to live a very charmed life there. To have "nosy" neighbors seems like such a wonderful thing. Here in the states, people have become so disconnected from each other. For example, we moved into a new neighborhood over 2 years ago, and I only know three of neighbors names. I recognize maybe another 2 or 3. That's it. The people are never outside (I walk every day, usually 2 or 3 times and never see anyone). And when you do see someone, they are distant, but polite - a little wave or a timid "nice day" is about all we get.

Then there's the beautiful weather you seem to have - I'm jealous of you. We just got finished with a bad winter, with lots of rain and a tremendous ice storm, that took the whole power grid down for days.

Oh well, I can hear the sailboat calling - and the trip to Belize is materializing in my mind.

6. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Sounds and looks like a delicious loaf. For some few years I baked bread after returning from a two week trip in Italy. Breads in the south there baked in four underfed old ovens, so good. I baked some good breads but after a while realized I was thirty pounds heavier.

7. Richard Paradon

Registered

Yep! I can say that I am very charmed over here! I had a couple of videos for you but Photobucket is not doing its job today. So to make your trip more on your mind here is my friends boat. I have been out now abut three or four times and it is so much fun!

[​IMG]

LOL, hope your Captain is better than me! I look like a wild man!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  8. Richard Paradon

Registered

Hi Bill! Yes, it can certainly add to the old waistline! That bread from Italy sounds great and I'd love to check out those ovens! I just have an old clunker here. But it seems to work and that's what counts!

[​IMG]

9. Val White

Val White Veteran Member
    Registered

Smiled when I saw your wok Richard. I still cook most of my food in one. Left over from a much mis spent youth :)

10. Richard Paradon

Registered

Hi Val! There is not too much that I don't cook in that wok! It is so versatile. The biggest one I have seen was about five foot wide at a big place in Bangkok! Could have stir-fried an entire pig in that one!

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  11. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

We have a flat bottom wok. We don't use it often but I do like cooking in it.