Lavender And Safflower Seeds

Discussion in 'Crops & Gardens' started by Von Jones, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Okay, I finally have received my lavender seeds and received a pack of safflower seeds as a gift for the delay. I don't know much about the safflower so I looked online and found out that they are not liked by squirrels. I like this attribute. If this is true then I plan to plant them where the squirrels trample around in a few of my flower beds.

Anyone have any luck with growing lavender or safflower?

Diane Lane likes this.
  2. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Hmm, that's very good to know. I wonder if any of the bird seed package varieties contain safflower seeds? That might be one for me to stock up on, so as to discourage those little critters. As soon as i put the seeds out, they make a beeline and hog the feeder off and on all day, until the seeds are gone. I have never had much luck planting from seeds. What are you going to use the lavender for?

3. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

@Diane Lane. I have been wanting to plant lavender when I got a whiff of the fragrance from a Fabreeze product. The seeds need to be planted in full sunlight and the only area around my home is in my backyard along the fence line. Videos encourage to use starters before planting outside which is the plan but maybe in flower pots.

I know lavender has other uses but I just want to smell the fragrance.