Kudos To Ted Cruz

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Arlene Richards, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

I am hoping Cruz was following his conscience rather than intending to "getting back at^Trump. A politician following his conscience would be refreshing.

Bobby Cole and Ike Willis like this.
  2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Nothing taken @Chrissy Page. As long as the surrounding businesses didn't consist of the county health department and a rubber vulcanizing company I believe working at a screw company is a pretty safe description of an honest factory.
    Honest job, honest pay for an honest day's work. Nothing like what Ted Cruz does.

Denise Evans and Chrissy Cross like this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

When "following your conscience" means breaking a promise, I'm confused.

Denise Evans and Bobby Cole like this.
  4. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

It would seem that Ted has a condition which confuses conscience with the heart. I do believe he is a prime example of the teachings included within Jeremiah 17:9.
    "The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked, who can know it."

Denise Evans likes this.
  5. Ken Anderson

Yes, from his explanation the following day, it sounded like he was arguing that he doesn't have to live up to his pledge because he was angry, and that says a whole lot more about Cruz than it does about Trump.

Denise Evans and Bobby Cole like this.
  6. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

I totally agree Ken. Personality disorders such as Ted's include rationalizing their misnomers to such a degree that fiction can become fact in an instant. He first said he would speak but had some reservations about actually endorsing Trump because of political differences, but the next day after his speech he laid his misdeeds on Trumps doorstep because of what he said about Ted's dad and child during the primary season.

When one rationalizes it is generally a "slightly believable RATIONAL LIE". You're either lying to yourself, someone else or both. It goes back to the Licoln statement regarding fooling some of the people some of the time. This time, I'm afraid very few were fooled by Cruz's explanation hence: "you can't fool all the people all the time."

Denise Evans likes this.
  7. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

It's insanity, the way there seems to be "no conscience" involved in lying. I believe a lot of what "some" think is politically correct is just lying, even lying by omission is still a lie imo. But all through history man/woman has fallen for lies. I don't need to rattle off a list of liars, we know who they are/were, and it comes from lack of morals. The morals in this country have declined until we really can't call our Nation a christian nation under one God. It's not that everyone has to be a believer in God, but there was a times when everyone understood that living in America meant that we did agree to respect our Pledge of Allegiance, and our Constitution.

What is most astounding to me is that this "lying" virus seems to cause the infected person to believe that people are actually going to believe them. Again, it's what ever you believe is ok, is ok, even lying. Those that care not to hold to any christian morals love this whole "new idea" which we know isn't new at all. It's just history repeating itself. Do what you feel is right. Well what I feel is right, and what I "know" is right can be exact opposites. So I try not to be led by "feelings". So I get "hurt" feelings because someone said something about me. That doesn't make what they said "true" right? But I listen to the "lie" in me head (lol, where's my editor?) that says I am what they said, when my knowledge/brain tells me Denise, you know you aren't that, why are you buying into it.

To me, Donald Trump is wonderful at "not buying into the lies". I mean he has feelings, we've all seen those displayed, but yet he doesn't carry it around like "baggage" that would weigh him down. I think Trump is very good at not taking things personal, and considering the source, not perfect, but very good comparatively speaking:) I'm so proud of him, as well as his family. They are people I want to follow, I want to be more like them, that's why I've stuck with him from the start.

Ted Cruz, Hillary, obama just continue to make fools of themselves, and anyone buying their bs is being a fool imo. I don't like to see people being deceived or buying into lies, it's heart-breaking, that is what is dividing this country. Two kinds of people, and of course people have their opinions on who's deceived and who is not. But the two types are the deceived, and those that know the truth and are not fooled for 1-minute.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    Bobby Cole likes this.
  8. Denise Evans

Registered

A pledge is a promise, a solemn promise by definition. I think that we all make promises that we break at times, for one reason or another. The thing that Ted did was can be looked at by some (like myself) as political, or career suicide like the one lady said in the video that I think @Joe Riley posted. Anyway, so many, and I am pretty sure Ted has been in on some of those statements, about Trump being Politically incorrect just puts him into that position of being exactly what he's accused Trump of. Hillary does the same thing, the pot calling the kettle black.

I don't know how many videos I've seen of her speeches, or her being interviewed by some newsie, where she absolutely contradicts herself, lies. I really think we are going to hear more, and more about some "mental illness" there. And maybe that is just a "worldly" term (in come cases) for spiritual illness.

The thing we all know about Trump is he admits to being PI, he doesn't deny it, we who support him are thrilled that he isn't. It may be the main reason so many are following him. We are fed up with the politically correct liars that have been, and are still robbing America of all the good she has stood for.

9. Ken Anderson

If we could rid the country of political correctness, we could at least begin to have a real discussion about genuine issues.

10. Denise Evans

Registered

I think it is happening, I have never in my years of life heard so much genuineness "in politics". I'm not saying Trump can actually get everything accomplished he wants to, and I do believe he honestly "wants" to accomplish this stuff he talks about. Real issues, real people. I think that's why I never wanted to get involved in politics before this, last year. I don't know how many times a friend of mine on another forum kept telling me I had too much common sense. I don't think Washington has wanted common sense in there, common sense must not be very profitable to some. Heaven forbid we get real. Remember in the 70s Ken, when we called people "plastic", it is so fitting, I understand it so much more than I did back then. I just knew plastic was fake, but our generation was fed up with political correctness even back then.

The "establishment", I remember hearing people talk about how the "establishment" was full of crap, etc. This really isn't anything new is it?? For me it's new because I've finally started paying attention, remember the saying "listen up"?? I have a few sleepless nights here and there, but I'd rather be "listening up" than complacent and know I was part of the downfall of the country I love.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  11. Ken Anderson

Speaking strictly as a member of this forum, if you were to take the time to explain your positions and discuss the issues rather than firing back at everyone who disagrees with you, you could probably score some points. There is a lot that can be said for Ted Cruz. Although I don't believe that he is any more genuine about his positions than he is about his promises, his stated positions on most issues are quite sensible, in my opinion. If I could have believed what they said when the primary season began, my first choice would have been Rand Paul and my second choice would have been Ted Cruz. My inability to support either of these two has more to do with my impression that political ambition is their only true driving force than with their positions on issues.

In this forum, particularly in the Hot Button Issues area, we need to be careful to discuss issues rather than looking for faults with forum members who hold positions we disagree with. From time to time, most of us with probably falter from time to time, but when we do that we're not advancing our position, issue or opinion.

I have heard it said here, I think more than once, that no one ever changes their mind about anything on the basis of a forum discussion, but that's not true. I know that, because I have done so from time to time. Oh, to be sure, the forum discussion is probably not the only contributing factor but when someone makes a good argument that I haven't already looked into, I will look into it, and new facts can change minds.

The reason it so often seems that no one ever changes their mind because of a forum discussion is that most of the arguments we see are ones that we've seen before, unless the topic itself is one that we're not very familiar with. So when someone tells me that Trump is in trouble because he's using a Rolling Stones song that the band members don't want him to use, I won't even bother looking into it because that sort of thing comes up every election year, and always by someone who doesn't realize that a candidate can use whatever song is available on the market as long as a license is purchased for it, and the only thing that the band members have to say about it would have been to not put their songs on the market to begin with. Plus of course, if he were using a song that he didn't have a license to use, the recourse would be to file a lawsuit rather than to complain to the media. Yes, I am aware that you may not have made that particular argument. I chose it in order to make a point without arguing specifically against anything that was said here.

Another reason why minds don't seem to be changed during forum discussions is that they rarely are. For some reason, people are conditioned to put more faith in the words of someone who is being paid to advance a position than those of someone who they have made an acquaintance with.

We also have a degree of pride that sometimes doesn't allow us to admit that our original position might have been wrong. I don't do it so much now that I have grown older but my first impulse when faced with facts that contradict my beliefs is to deny them and, failing that, I might use my reasonably good vocabulary to try to talk my way around the issue. I used to feel proud of being able to sometimes persuade people into believing something that I no longer believed myself. In part, I was exercising my communication skills, but ego played a role too. That's the result of competitiveness on my part, I think, which is very closely associated with ego and, while the impulse isn't gone, I do try to keep it in check.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  12. Ken Anderson

I agree. What he wants may not be what I want, and probably won't be in many cases, but this is the first time that I have been able to believe that we have a nominee for one of the two major political parties who actually wants to do the right thing rather than simply advancing a predetermined agenda not even his own.

Bobby Cole and Denise Evans like this.
  13. Denise Evans

Registered

Careful, your genuineness is shining through;) Excellent post:)

14. Arlene Richards

Arlene Richards Veteran Member
    Registered

@Ken Anderson

"Scoring points"? Meh, that's a little too high schoolish for me.

I never expect anyone to agree with me. If they do, fine. If they don't, they just don't.

I have no love for Ted Cruz. But I admire people who refuse to be hypocritical by sucking up to Donald Trump just to score points - especially when he has slung baseless personal insults at Cruz's family members. That IS my position, I stated it in the OP, it's not complicated, and I see no reason to explain it over and over in lengthy, wordy paragraphs.

Btw, I've been contacted by a few people who no longer post on this forum about the dogpiling interspersed with lame LOLs. They feel it gets tiresome. I agree. But obviously it excites SOME people. Oh, well. ;)

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
    Holly Saunders likes this.
  15. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

"Dogpiling"...???

As in dog shit? Interesting concept of comparing rather mundane, everyday doggy observations to real, important, factual happenings affecting all Americans!

I laud your perspective! Frank