Kudos To Ted Cruz

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Arlene Richards, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't remember ever seeing a "more" poor loser. We sure dodged a bullet by getting him defeated, phewww!!

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Here is some more information about the people who are Ted Cruz's backers, and puppetmasters who are pulling his strings.
    Most of these people I had not heard of before; but the information does not sound good at all !

Bobby Cole and Denise Evans like this.
  3. Denise Evans

Registered

again those against Trump are just sending more voters over to his side, keep up the good work:)

4. Arlene Richards

Arlene Richards Veteran Member
    Registered

Considering your circumstances, aren't you at all concerned about what a Trump victory would do to homeless people, public assistance, and Social Security?

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Perhaps I missed something. Did Trump say that he was going to kill homeless people, take everyone off of public assistance, and cancel everyone's Social Security payments? Actually, discussions of Social Security amuse me during election years. Every election year, we hear that the Social Security fund is going broke and that it will run out completely within a specified number of years. Then, like Christ's Second Coming, those dates come and go and everyone's Social Security checks keep on coming. Each election year, the Democrats say that the Republicans are going to cut Social Security, and the Republicans say that the Democrats are the ones who are draining the Social Security fund. Yet, once the election is over, no one speaks about Social Security again until the next presidential election, and the checks keep coming.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  6. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm not afraid of losing my widows benefits either. If any changes in social security are made I doubt it will be in my lifetime.

7. Yvonne Smith

What you missed, is that this is a terrible PERSONAL ATTACK on @Denise Happyfeet , by Arlene Richards, @Ken Anderson ! !
    This is totally WRONG, to take someone's personal information, and make such a nasty remark as the one Arlene made. It has NOTHING TO DO with social security, homelessness, or anything else.
    I am appalled, and hope that this can be deleted. I have reported this post of arlene's, and would not be surprised if other people here report this as well. This is a personal attack of the worst sort, to ridicule a person's personal life and living circumstances that she has discussed privately to people she believed were friends.

Denise Evans and Chrissy Cross like this.
  8. Arlene Richards

Registered

@Yvonne Smith
    Actually I didn't attack anyone, so stop the melodramatics.:rolleyes: looks like YOU breached friendship with your manifesto of details.

Social Security, homelessness, and public assistance ARE political issues, whether you like it or not.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I have no way of knowing that the reference was to personal information. My assumption was that it referred to information that had been posted here in this forum. Otherwise, if this was a reference to information that was given to someone in private, then it would be wrong for anyone to make a public reference to it. But as a forum administrator and fellow forum member, I would have no way of knowing that. I don't see your private messages. I have posted a lot of personal information about myself here, and I wouldn't consider that someone would be wrong to refer to it. For example, I have related the problems that I have had with cancer so if, in a discussion of cancer, if someone were to make reference to my having had cancer, I wouldn't consider that to be an attack. It would depend on what they said, of course. On the other hand, if I had told someone of my cancer in private, it would be crass for someone to mention that publicly, but I have a hard time keeping up with what someone might have said privately as a forum administrator because I don't see that. My recommendation would be not to tell anyone about anything that you don't want mentioned. So yes, perhaps I did miss something.

10. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Let's see, I really do not think that I need any IQ above 100 in order to figure this one out.

@Ken Anderson has already explained the Social Security debacle but allow me to go for the rest of your very heart felt concerns about the condition of @Denise Happyfeet my dear @Arlene Richards.

Less taxation and fewer government controls on small business will allow more businesses to thrive in an otherwise and present hostile time for the small entrepreneur. The more a businessman makes, the more he or she can pay and the more people he can hire. By hiring more people and higher wages more employees pay more taxes thereby strengthening the economy as a whole. Along with bringing back some businesses from overseas and across the border there will be a massive boost to the employment charts. ERGO: more people on the streets (or nearly so) with no jobs will be able to stabilize their lives for the 1st time since the good king Hussein O took office.

Most homeless missions and homeless services are self supporting with only donations as their funding. Now, go back to my first statement regarding more jobs and more people working. Uh.....more money, more donations.
    On the other hand, the state run services are funded by taxation so....go back to my first statement again and get a grasp on "more people working, higher wages which means more taxes coming in to the individual states treasuries.

I do hope that this explanation of part of our economic structure might help. I realize that you agonize over such problems that folks like our @Denise Happyfeet faces on a day to day basis so maybe you will be able to get a good night's rest knowing Trump is on the way in and Obama is on the way out.

Denise Evans likes this.
  11. Denise Evans

Registered

Thanks Yvonne, I feel since it was brought up, I'd like to just say, even if no one believes this, that no, I was never afraid of losing anything. I knew in siding with Trump (since the dems are so big on free money) that I could lose my subsidized housing, and my EBT card . I wasn't afraid because I knew/believe a Trump Presidency would help our country, and that means jobs. Whatever helps America the best, helps me. I've been pretty ashamed of taking the "freebies" offered, but I took them. I'd give them up gladly, again, to have our country back on track, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart, God bless America.

You hurt me Arlene, so if that was your intention, you did good. I'm going to be just fine though, I have friends here, and that is what counts, not what I don't have, but what I do have.

12. Denise Evans

Registered

No worries Ken. I shared it openly with people, so if I'm going to share with the public, then I need to be prepared to get hit with it.

13. Arlene Richards

Registered

Btw, I never said anything about killing homeless people, and to my knowledge neither has Donald Trump.

Silly hyperbole isn't necessary.

14. Denise Evans

Registered

I've been excited at the prospect of actually being hired again too Bobby:) I have so many skills, but out of work at the time I turned 62, so I drew what SS I had earned over the years. I am excited about the changes I know are going to happen. I love how you are able to put it into words, how it all works:) Trump has a proven record already, and if anyone can get America working again, he can:) Thank you so much, good read, denise

15. Yvonne Smith

There was no way that you could know, Ken; but I can tell you that this attack has Denise in tears, even if you can't do anyting about it.
    It was totally uncalled for, and was a "below the belt" attack , and was totally directed at Denise. I posted about it, knowing that it might not be something you can do anything about; but at least you are aware of the situation.
    Denise has shared her personal circumstances both in the forum, and probably in private; but just because she has talked about her homelessness on the forum is NO reason that she should be ridiculed for it.
    Denise has struggled hard to get where she is in life, and her courage can not be disputed. Maybe not all of us, but many of us, have had to fight our way through adversities in our lives, and being able to put the pieces back together and go on with life is an atttribute that not everyone has.

Bobby Cole and Denise Evans like this.