Kodak Roll Film

Discussion in 'Photos & Video' started by Avigail David, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Avigail David

Avigail David Veteran Member
    Registered

Fujifilmchrome 100F negative films, as well. Do you think films have become "collector's item"? They're too rare for him to sell. BH have them in stock and are selling. My husband collected films and seldom uses them now. He stores them in Tupperware containers and keeps them in the refrigerator for ages. When Fujichrome and Kodak films used to be the mode in photography, my husband would buy them by bulk whenever they were on Sale. He got good bargains all the time.

He takes brilliant photos with his photography and showcases them in Flickr.

20150702_031411.jpg

Photo: Mine

2. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Who develops his film? I recently cleaned out my refrigerator and threw out a dozen or so rolls of Kodachrome, Fuji chrome, and several rolls of negative film, both Fuji and Kodak. I didn't know anyone was still using film cameras anymore since the digital revolution took place and caught on. I have a large (standard size) wooden desk and underneath the desk along side my legs is a camera bag crammed smack dab full of a camera, there or four lenses, filters, and odds and ends from the film era. I know you can still get film developed but around my neighborhood it is expensive. I have a small point and shoot digital camera of limited value and once in a while I use it but every time I do I think, "God, I wish I had a good camera. I guess I miss the old ways. Didn't mean to ramble. Cheers.

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

You'll find some answers to that question in this thread.

Several professional photographers still prefer film, but they develop their own.

4. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

We have a box of 24 shots of film right there in our fridge. It's for our instamatic that is still operational. But we didn't use that film anymore and is now a part of our collection. I am really happy to see this thread with the feeling that our box of film is now a collector's item. And how about the instamatic camera, is there a collector's value to it now?

5. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I know of no film or camera equipment being collected.

6. Ken Anderson

They are still making film. Not as much as they used to of course, because the demand isn't there, but there is still a demand for film.

7. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

@Ken Anderson I've got news for you. I had mentioned this thread to my husband, about the obsolete film. He said that picture film are indeed obsolete here, almost, although he thinks that the main office of Kodak still have that developing facility for negatives. But he isn't sure of the movie if there are directors using film nowadays. But he said there are some movie directors in America that are still using the film. So that means film is still alive somehow over there.

PS. I will be posting the pic of our roll of film when I get the time. It's in the bedroom fridge.

8. Ken Anderson

Yes, I do see movie picture film becoming obsolete before still picture film.

9. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

Its funny to see the picutre of the rolls of film. I know that film is still created and that professional photographers still use it, but when you think about it for the average consumer it has started to become obsolete. So, perhaps it is something that could now be a collectable in its own right. Yes, maybe moving picture film will go out before still picuture but I predict that one day neither one willl be around any longer technology will have taken them over the same way that it has other things that all of us remember from our childhood's that have now more or less become obsolete.

10. John Donovan

John Donovan Veteran Member
    Registered

Didn't Kodak recently close down? Still, in Romania, although digital cameras have taken the lead in the past decade, there are still a lot of developing places which also sell roll film and old cameras. I find it interesting how some people will cling on to older technology for old times' sake, but even I do it in some cases.

11. Avigail David

Avigail David Veteran Member
    Registered

Whenever my husband-photographer tests his SLR cameras (lots of them) with film, he sends the rolls in a specialized negative film developer in the CBD in the city.