King Kong Un

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Patsy Faye, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Up to now, I didn't really see him as a threat, just a guy full of bravado and a massive
    ego that was content to greet his worshipers each day and also to let the world see,
    he had massive support from his congregation and weapons to go with it.
    Now - not so sure, could be like a dog cornered, realising just barking ain't gonna do it.
    What do you think - are we heading for disaster now ................?

Holly Saunders likes this.
  2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Ahhh I wondered when someone might mention the elephant in the room. Thanks @Patsy Faye

I'm rarely one to discuss politics online and outside my immediate family, but I have to say this (admittedly media reported and not substantiated ) North Korean, and Chinese threats to the USA are beginning to unnerve me now,,

Patsy Faye likes this.
  3. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Holly Saunders - wonder if something has been going on 'behind the scenes'
    All seems to be escalating suddenly and quickly ...............

Holly Saunders likes this.
  4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I totally agree @Patsy Faye that's what's making me so concerned ...

5. Missy Lee

Missy Lee Veteran Member
    Registered

I wonder who is the most dangerous man in the world, we now have a pick of four, Assad, Putin, Kim and Trump

6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

It seems that China has aligned itself with the U.S. in that they have brought in troops to the border and taken away their coal business from N. Korea and given it to us. Apparently the deal Trump made with Xi is working.

So far as Trump being called dangerous, I do believe in some ways he is. For too long now the most militarily active actors in the world have openly called the U.S. weak and no longer the super power we once were. Since the election, thus far, Trump has shown no compunction to back down from the bullies that continue to plague the world theater.
    To impose a rather rough view, for anyone to mistake meekness for weakness is indeed a very dangerous position to take. The U.S. has played the meek (and almost asleep) part for 8 years, and now it is apparent that Assad and Un along with some other bullies are being given a lesson in how dangerous it can be to taunt and poke at someone who is very grouchy when finally awakened.

I absolutely do agree that Trump appears to be dangerous, and hope that other tyrannical leaders believe that also.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  7. Patsy Faye

Registered

Yep - as long as his 'sensible' in his approach, all should be fine
    No point in trying to 'prove' something and be blasé' about it ...................

Bobby Cole likes this.
  8. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

True you Patsy. I think part of the problem thus far is Trump's reluctance of taking some world matters to congress for their approval.
    For me, the truth of the matter lays in who Trump has surrounded himself with and whom he listens to.
    I liken congress to be little more than a high school debate competition with some very weak teams at best. If, say, I wanted to put out an extremely large fire, I would definitely not ask for advice from a debating team but I would rather allow experienced firemen who are possibly led by a pyro engineer advise me and eventually be responsible for putting the fire out.

So long as Trump can discern who's advice to listen to, and have the ability to follow through on that advice he'll do just fine. We have to remember, it was the pressure of congress that stopped McArthur from crossing the 38th parallel. To me, if he had not been dismissed, we would not be having the problem with N. Korea that we are now (and have been) experiencing.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  9. Patsy Faye

Registered

Yep - I stand by 'nipping things in the bud' my favourite saying - but no one listens :rolleyes:
    We have similar problems here, congress .................... House of bloomin Lords :p

Yvonne Smith and Bobby Cole like this.
  10. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

At least the House of Lords is "bloomin". Many of our congress people have obviously died but haven't yet fallen down. Since ya can't tell the difference from a dead congressman who hasn't fallen down and a live congressman it should be against the law to die and not fall down.

Patsy Faye and Yvonne Smith like this.
  11. Patsy Faye

Registered