Kindle Text To Talk, Anyone Use This Feature?

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Yvonne Smith, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I was just reading that Kindle has a feature where it can actually read books or articles for you, and I remembered that @Ina I. Wonder was saying that because of her eyes sometimes getting blurry when she reads too much, she can't read as often as she would like to do.
    Apparently, this can also be done on the iPhone and iPad, simply by activating the "voice-over" function. It sounds like you would then be able to have the whole book read to you, like it would do if you had an audio-book .
    It costs a lot extra to have your books in an audio file; but if a person can just use their Kindle, or the Kindle app on their smartphone or tablet, then you could relax and just listen to the book instead of reading it when you were tired, or driving a long ways and wanted some distraction. And it is already there, so it doesn't cost anyting to use this feature like it does to buy an audiobook ! !
    Here is the youtube video that shows how to set this up on your iphone; but the same instructions would also work on an iPad. I am sure there are probably instructions on how to use this function with other phones or tablets, too; but i only looked for this one.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I think I accidentally enabled something like that in my texts, must have touched something because it was reading the text to me.