Kindle Fire, Neftflix Trouble

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by K E Gordon, Apr 24, 2016.

1. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

So, I unwisely downloaded a survey program onto my kindle which created some kind of block on there. I couldn't access my wifi, but I figured that out,,now it is on again, however, I noticed as I was surfing the web this program kept blocking my searches so I unsubscribed from the survey site, and now everything is working as it should with the exception of Netflix which is still being blocked. I can download " my list" but the programs won't open. I will contact them today, but does anyone have any ideas why this would be happening. I restarted or rebooted a few times.

Diane Lane likes this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have used some of the survey programs before and didn't have any problems with it. I actually don't think that it was worthwhile to do it though. They entered me in their drawing, and in at least 2 years, I have never won anything. But, since it doesn't cause any problems, I just ignore it.
    How new is your Kindle ?
    There was an announcement a while back about a Kindle update that HAD to be done for the Kindle to keep working properly. I would have thought you should already have had problems if that was the issue though.
    You could try doing a complete turning off and on of the Kindle, that sometimes helps with my iPad when it is having connection issues. Also , maybe try taking Netflix off and then re-installing it again and see if that helps.
    I think that quite a few people do the online surveys so we can get those Amazon gift cards; so can you also let us know which program is causing you all of the problems, so we don't sign up for it, too ?

3. K E Gordon

Registered

I have done the reboots. I have thought of reinstalling Netflix, but I am actually under some one else's account. I am going to contact Netflix help before I do anything else. There may be a simpler fix. It is survey savvy connect. If you install it on 3 devices and keep it on for 90 days you get 60 dollars, however, it is not worth the trouble in my opinion.

Diane Lane likes this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I did try that one,@K E Gordon and it kept saying that I had disconnected it, so then I never reached the 90 day time of leaving it connected and getting a reward. I imagine they do this to everyone.
    I had to keep re-connecting it, and I had it on my iPad and also on the Dell computer. It is worthless, and a nuisance besides !
    I am glad that you pointed it out, because I had just removed all of the information and also the vpn connection for it; but hadn't thought to warn other people that it was kind of a scam because they never let you be on long enough at a time to get a reward.
    The one that I have right now is called Mobile Expression, and it works the same way (through a vpn), and they enter you into a drawing for prizes every week. As I said, I have never won anything; but it is not a problem either; so I keep hoping that maybe one will it will be my turn to win.

K E Gordon and Diane Lane like this.
  5. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Ugh, I had signed up with SurveySavvy, but never did that portion of the program. I'm having difficulty with my tablet opening up links, but I think it's related to the instability and quality of my signal. Ever since the storms last week, the provider put this neighborhood on a limited signal, and I swear they never reinstated the full signal. Everything usually works o.k. on the desktop, but I am having nothing but issues with the tablet. I hope you get it figured out and are able to restore your Kindle Fire to how it was before adding the new program.

6. K E Gordon

Registered

I was talking about this issue with someone, and they said that the last update Amazon put through ruined connections for a lot of people. I was on the phone last night with Amazon, but they kept me on hold so long I gave up. I think I will try again, because I want to get to the bottom of this issue. Someone said I should keep all the apps in the cloud and restore the original factory settings. I have since noticed that even though the web browser works..other apps requiring a connection won't work..:(