Kindle Fire - How Can I Put Away Or Archive Music?

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Shirley Martin, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I purchased some Christmas music on my Kindle. Now that Christmas has passed, I want to put it away until next year. When I touch "Music", it goes to the Christmas album first. Any advice on how I can put it away until I'm ready to listen to it again?

BTW, the Kindle plays music beautifully.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have not purchased any music through my Kindle yet but I know that when I buy books through my Kindle, I can delete them when I am through, and still access them by downloading them from Amazon.com again whenever I want to, since Amazon.com keeps track of those that I have already purchased. My assumption is that the same would be true of music purchased through Amazon.com but I don't know that for a fact. I'm sure someone else here will know, though.

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have never purchased, or even played, any music on my Kindle Fire; but when you are finished with a book, if you hold your finger on that book, a little box opens that gives you the options of removing the book from the device, or from your carousel.
    Maybe this also works for music, and probably there is at least something equally simple .

My favorite manual is free on Amazon, and it is just called the Kindle Fire Manual, and it is by Steve Weber. It goes through EVERYTHING that the Kindle Fire does, step by step.
    There is a whole chapter about playing music.
    I think that if you just go to your playlist of music, and select a different song that you want to play, then it should remove the Christmas songs from the top of the playlist.
    If you then remove them from the device and store them in the cloud, they will be out of the way until next Christmas.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks, Yvonne and Ken. I'm still learning these things.