Kind Of Senior Multi-vitamin You Take

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

If you do.

For a number of years, wife and I have taken a GNC Mega Multi-Vitamin and she really, really liked it. A few months ago, GNC stopped making this vitamin. To say the least, my wife wasn't happy about this. As for me, I took it because she told me it would be good for me. For her, the vitamin gave a extra energy during the day. Because of the total cost of two different kinds, one for Men and one for Women (over 50), we bought a comparable costing to the GNC one, Multi-Vitamin and she told me this one wasn't any good. Didn't give her any extra energy at all, like the GNC one did.

So, since the "comparable to GNC" bottle is gone, we are now trying a new one order online. GNC will only be selling the Men (over 50) and the Women (over 50) now total cost is more than what we were paying for the Mega Multi-Vitamin.

If you do take a Senior Multi-Vitamin, what kind? My wife really, REALLY wants to get a multi-vitamin that will give her that "get up and go" that the GNC one did.

2. Beatrice Taylor

Beatrice Taylor Veteran Member
    Registered

I take a Centrum Silver once a day plus a 2,000iu vitamin D supplement.

I also take two PreserVision Areds 2 for my eyes.

None of them do anything to help my get up and go, I'm just too pooped to pop!

Don Alaska likes this.
  3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

When they market vitamins, as being for "Men", "Woman" or "Seniors", I feel they are using a marketing ploy, to sell more bottles. They want their product to "get up and go"!;)

Hedi Mitchell and Ruby Begonia like this.
  4. Beatrice Taylor

Beatrice Taylor Veteran Member
    Registered

I think it's like tying garlic around your neck or eating chicken soup, it may not help but it can't hurt.

Joe Riley likes this.
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

There are times now that my wife feels exactly that way, "too pooped to pop", when getting up in the morning for work. After taking a shower and putting on her work clothes, I will see her sitting on the bed. She will tell me, "worn out already". Sometimes I think that she can hardly wait until she fully retires or, at the very least, semi-retires and/or works from home. That will happen after we move next year.

Joe Riley likes this.
  6. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

She just told me that she thinks the new multi might be giving her a "lift", but this is only the first day she used it. If it does give her that "lift", she says she will continue using it and I can try the Men Over 50 one, if I want to.

Joe Riley likes this.
  7. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

I try to take a generic multivitamin with extra B-12. I think they call it senior multivitamins. I keep forgetting to take it, and I'm out of it right now. Thanks for the reminder. :rolleyes:

Bobby Cole, Don Alaska and Joe Riley like this.
  8. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I use Youngevity because it not only have mega doses of vitamins but also all the minerals the body needs. The are also easy to absorb so I get what I am taking. A lot of the multi vitamin pills go right through your system undigested waist of money. Expensive but I don't have any prescriptions to buy.

Yvonne Smith and Joe Riley like this.
  9. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

10. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I view vitamins as I do fertilizer on my gardens. I have tried growing without them, and the crops do better with than without. You can get your soil tested for nutrients, and much of our food has contents on it, but it is not possible to test a human for "reserves" for most things. We found when we had livestock, they did better with supplements than without. Some vitamins definitely make me FEEL better, while others don't. I think I have written that B-100 supplements make me feel better and I am less grouchy when I take them; Vitamin D is not truly a vitamin and deficiency is linked to to a number of maladies, but I have not noticed feeling different when I take it. The multi that I take I judge by the micronutrient content. At the moment, I take a Kirkland vitamin from Costco, but I am not tied to that.

Bobby Cole and Beatrice Taylor like this.
  11. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

12. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Once when I was young and foolish, as opposed to old and foolish, I decided that if One-A-Day vitamins were good, Two-A-Day would be even better.

After a few weeks of taking two, I started seeing yellow, i.e., white things looked slightly yellow. That also happens to me when I get a high (>105) fever.

It went away when I stopped that. It must have been due to one or more of the vitamins that are not water soluble (A, D, E, K) ?

Don Alaska and Joe Riley like this.
  13. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I'm seriously thinking about buying a bottle of One-A-Day Men's 50+ Multi-Vitamin.

14. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Cody good that you are thinking about supplementing but what about everything else the body needs. Minerals,Omega acids.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  15. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

We both take a Krill Oil supplement and there are minerals in this vitamin.