Kind Of Quiet On Here Lately

Discussion in 'Comments on Forum' started by Chrissy Cross, May 3, 2017.

1. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

I started the "For your information" thread, so I'm good....

Ken Anderson and Chrissy Cross like this.
  2. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

So I (cough) popped into that other forum. Please don't ban me! :) I didn't know I was even logged in over there. Someone posted they hadn't planned well for retirement and wouldn't you know there were a couple snarky comments. No surprise. I couldn't resist, I had to comment. Seemed like there wasn't much empathy for this poster. I didn't reply to the snarky comments, just to the OP. Felt bad for them.

Much friendlier here.

3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I post there occasionally but only when I'm bored...yes, very quiet on here lately.

4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Maybe what we need is a party. :D

Frank Sanoica and Chrissy Cross like this.
  5. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Make it a 60s party and I'm there :p
    upload_2018-2-16_8-33-14.jpeg

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I made a few comments on that Thread, like "not all Senior's can, financially, plan for their "Senior retirement" years". I couldn't because of the salaries I made, which, in the long run, was my fault for not continuing with my college education. My wife continued with her's and made much better salaries than I ever did. Certain supervisor's require a Bachelor's Degree to work in their departments, of which my wife has. Some companies won't hire a person without a college degree, for certain positions.

Some folks think more about giving their kids a really nice vacation to Disney World or a Disney Cruise, rather than put away money for retirement.

Bottom Line: To a point, everyone is different in how they save or don't save.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I agree that it has been pretty quiet here for awhile now.

Some of us may be hibernating. Some may be playing on other Forums. And some may be busy in their lives off the computer, and some may just not have much to say right now, etc.

Some may even feel that what they really want to talk about...they just can't for one reason or another.

And then again some may have stepped away for awhile because the deaths of some of those we really cared about here has shocked them and made death all to real to them.

Whatever the reason I hope to see those who are missing come back and post again when they feel like it because I for one am missing them.

Holly Saunders and Kitty Carmel like this.
  8. Kitty Carmel

Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh I saw your posts and thanks for posting since this person got some rather unkind responses. You are right, everyone has a different road in this life and finances are just one of them. Many of us would do things differently. My main point to that poster was it's not too late to really put their heels down and start saving now. They still had some time. Others just were like oh well your fault so what. Kind of jerky. Other forum.

I'll probably pop over again to check on that thread.

9. Shirley Martin

Registered

I looked in over there, too. Doesn't seem to be a lot of activity there, either. I wonder if chat boards are going to become a thing of the past? So many people are on Facebook and Twitter now that chat boards aren't as active as they were a few years ago.

10. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm not on Facebook that much and I think it's not as popular as say instagram or twitter.

I notice my kids aren't on FB much anymore and are on instagram instead.

11. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

For me...just been busy doing otber things.Have noticed been quite on here latley. I stay on this forum for the most part....cause you all put up with me so well:D

12. Shirley Martin

Registered

13. Kitty Carmel

Registered

I hope forums and boards don't go away! I've never even been on Instagram I don't think. I'm not on Twitter either but I have considered signing up as there may be a few people I would follow. I probably check my Facebook just a few times a month.

Holly Saunders and Chrissy Cross like this.
  14. May Benot

May Benot Veteran Member
    Registered

I
    Me too ... I think maybe people stay away or refrain from posting on certain topics because there's so much PC attached to current social changes and others sometimes take a comment out of context and imply a meaning that the poster didn't intend ..which leads being labelled antisocial ( or worse) happened regularly on a forum I no longer visit and I don't know about anyone else but my life is so uninteresting that I honestly have nothing to talk about

15. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

We really don't have a whole lot of that on this Forum @May Benot. It does happen occasionally but for the most part we all do our best to respect each other's opinions no matter what the topic. :)

This World is constantly changing and upgrading communication technology so fast that it seems everything becomes a thing of the past before anyone really has a chance to get "nice and cozy" with it. And I think that is sometimes the point...even technology wants us to just have "surface" interaction with others and not intimate relationships. And the World just wants us to keep forking our money out for the new and latest tech gadget...even when there is nothing wrong with the one we have.

It does take time to share our thoughts and opinions with each other on Forums but to me that is how we really get to know each other. Every member of this Forum is a real person who is going through a lot of the same things we all are going through as we age and sharing these things can be helpful to all of us.
    Many of us also have more time to share now and this is a really good Forum to share those things on. :)

Here while the World keeps going faster and faster...we can get off of that Merry Go Round and take all the time we want just to "sit and talk" with others who are tired of riding that Merry Go Round constantly too.