Kind Of Quiet On Here Lately

Discussion in 'Comments on Forum' started by Chrissy Cross, May 3, 2017.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, thankfully are humidity is low...I'd rather have dry heat than humid ...again in Chicago the heat index with the humidity was intolerable.

2. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I should have called this thread..weather, lol.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Thankfully we're dry heat. I haven't heard what they are forecasting about our summer yet. Really doesn't matter because it's just how many degrees above 100 we will be.

If every day is only 100 that's a cool summer. If we have temps of 108+ then it's a hot summer. We always seem to be a few degrees cooler than AZ.

4. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Hey you guys...............
    Other than being in a sauna or steam room, I have NEVER experienced temperatures of 100f or more..
    Just quietly, I don't want to either.. How can you breath out there??

Chrissy Cross and Yvonne Smith like this.
  5. The hottest temperature I ever noticed was 118 F when traveling through New Mexico, but I'm sure the times I was in Arizona it was hotter than that. I love hot weather- as long as it's not overly humid. It was often over 100 when I lived in NY.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Cold winters are mostly a problem when you can't afford whatever it is you're heating your house with, or if there is some other reason to worry that the best won't be there. Otherwise, it's easier to dress warm in the winter than to dress cool in the summer.

Last edited: May 5, 2017
    Chrissy Cross and Patsy Faye like this.
  7. Steve North

Registered

Ken..
    I agree that, when it is cold, I can dress according to the outside temp and if it is too nasty, stay home, but, if it is too hot, there isn't any way to dress for that, other than not dressing at all.. Staying home isn't an option either unless you have air conditioning which I am sure not everyone has..
    Being given the choice, I will stick to where I live..

8. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

What a board needs to be active is diversity and some controversy. Otherwise, boredom sets in. If everybody agrees on every topic, pretty soon there is nothing to talk about.

9. Steve North

Registered

Hi Shirley..
    perhaps its time for us to start something..............

10. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I know for me when Winter is over, the temperatures get warmer, and everything is green and blooming into beautiful colors once again...my spirit also wakes up and wants to "bloom" forth too. My allergies are not under control anymore (I'm working on this problem) so I can't spend as much time outdoors as I would like. But even indoors in the Spring and Summer I feel more energetic and wanting to connect more with others and spend time exploring things that interest me. I feel renewed once Winter has passed and much more like doing all kinds of things once again. Plus with so many grandchildren involved in so many after school sports and other activities there is always something going on to attend. And our Family has many more barbecues, seafood boils, outdoor Birthday parties, etc. that there is always one thing or another to do if we are up to it. :) And it seems someone is always needing me more during the Spring and Summer months too.

Many times before I go to bed I think about getting on here and posting a few things, but I'm usually so tired by then that my thoughts remain all jumbled up inside of me and won't form coherent sentences. I do much better posting these thoughts after a good night's rest and my morning coffee and sweet treat! :) Here at my daughter's in Texas though with two little ones who wake up when I'm having my coffee and sweet treat....there just usually isn't time to do anything but gulp these things down and then love on my precious "Sweet Treats" that I am truly blessed with. :)

The Bible says there is a time for everything....and I guess that is true even for us posting on the Seniors Forum!:)

Last edited: May 8, 2017
    Ken Anderson and Chrissy Cross like this.
  11. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

"Diversity", not my kind of word. As far as controversy goes, that word can definitely "ruffle some feathers" sometimes. A lot of folks, like my wife, don't like to get involved with controversial subjects.

12. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I think its OK Cody, depends how its handled though

13. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

Maybe everyone should start a thread on something. I haven't been on here much since I returned. Not sure why.

14. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Now there's a great idea!

15. Chrissy Cross

Registered

This was my thread so...I'm good! :)

Ken Anderson likes this.