Kids Running Inside The House?

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Arlene Richards, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Linda Binning

Linda Binning Veteran Member
    Registered

Arlene, it sounds like that kid is a brat and his parents need to pay attention to his behavior and do something about it. He doesn't sound like a normal active kid. I bet he gets to much sugar too.

Bonnie Thomas likes this.
  2. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

I agree about not throwing balls in the house. Nothing should be "thrown" in the house, it's dangerous.

3. Arlene Richards

Arlene Richards Veteran Member
    Registered

@Linda Binning he was also biting kids if they wouldn't give him their toy! As he went on to first grade he was sometimes sent home from birthday parties.

His parents split, got back together, split....there was a lot of moving around and turmoil. The boy was eventually put into therapy. Actually a sad situation.

Karen McKenzie and Linda Binning like this.
  4. Linda Binning

Linda Binning Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, that is just a totally sad situation and I feel sorry for the child. Biting should never be allowed.

Karen McKenzie likes this.
  5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

By the way, we were frequently told to "quit running on the stairs," but there were no real penalties involved.

Linda Binning likes this.
  6. Ruby Begonia

Registered

Oh my, that IS a sad situation!

7. Ruby Begonia

Registered

Another one was:

NO JUMPING ON THE BED!

That was so much fun, too. I let my kid do it little when I was there to catch him when he bounced off the darn bed, but I don't remember that he ever did.

8. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Though far from being a kid ;) I still run on the stairs when in an exuberant mood, I don't run around the house though as I would likely bump into things nowadays :rolleyes:
    Throwing a ball in the house is never acceptable in my experience.

Mari North and Denise Evans like this.
  9. Ruby Begonia

Registered

Did you ever fall UP the stairs?

Denise Evans and Terry Page like this.
  10. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Totally unacceptable in my opinion, for a child to be throwing anything..much less a large ball in the house, particularly while there's adults trying to have a conversation...

That said, the fact this child is only 2 years old and is constantly running, sounds like it has high energy, and it needs channelling properly...Wonder if the child's diet needs looking at first.. just a thought.

Denise Evans likes this.
  11. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes Ruby I do sometimes when I trip over my own feet, then often when I get to the top I have forgotten what I went upstairs for :( so I have to repeat by going down and starting again, good exercise anyway...:)

Denise Evans and Ruby Begonia like this.
  12. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

LOL, @Terry Page ;) When I was growing up, we were always outdoors, although I think @Arlene Richards said the little guy was just 2?? I'll have to look back at the original post. We lived out where there was room to run, and we were taught "not" to run in the house, or definitely, no playing balls in the house.

Seems there is less, and less discipline nowadays. There are so many reasons I attribute this to, like "both parents working". Hyperactivity sometimes caused from lack of nutritious foods, and too much sugar. To be honest @Arlene Richards I couldn't handle a situation like that for long at all. That same gal-friend I mentioned, can't even carry on a phone conversation without "allowing" her kids/grandkids/cats to interrupt her. She loves her life, or seems to, so to each his own. But I miss her because we ran together through highschool and had such great times. She went on to raise her family. And me?? I'm still working on raising me:(o_O

Terry Page likes this.
  13. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

True @Holly Saunders , sad part is, there isn't much you can do when you are an "outsider". Friends yes, but like my friend reta, I can't change the way things are. I think @Arlene Richards might be feeling like I do, I miss the wonderful talks and times I had with my best friend, which she will always be that. Maybe someday, when we are both very old, with no one around maybe, we'll hook back up, at least for good yacks on the phone;)

Holly Saunders likes this.
  14. Bonnie Thomas

Bonnie Thomas Veteran Member
    Registered

That's what stood out for me when I first posted ... who needs broken lamps, picture frames and other items because a child wants to throw a ball in the house?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  15. Arlene Richards

Arlene Richards Veteran Member
    Registered

@Bonnie Thomas exactly. And if child knocks something over & hurts themselves or skins their knee or whatever it could be a problem.