Ken... I Need Your Help!

Discussion in 'Help Requests' started by Louise Miller, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Louise Miller

Louise Miller Veteran Member
    Registered

not even sure you will get this . but my previous computer died, I now have a Dell computer and also we have windows 10 now which i hate,!! anywho. i could not get into my old gmail, so i have to use my hubby's gmail . he got in google gmail using a new email ,but i cannot even with a new gmail !.. go figure,
    But i somehow got this far here to Seniors Only ..tho... i had to change my last name and i had to use my hubbys gmail so you can reach me there, i used the name Louise Miller cuz it would not accept my previous name Louise Williams.But anyway, im here this far , but unable to communicate to anyone but you!.. but i hope you get this message from me.. ..i need help getting registered here.. well if you'll have me.that is.. :p

Bobby Cole likes this.
  2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I’m not @Ken Anderson but I threw a like on your post simply because you hate Windows 10! Birds of a feather and all that.
    I’m sure that Ken and those who are fairly tech savvy will be glad to help you out with some of your problems.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Can you read these replies Louise?

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

So, is the problem that you don't remember your password for your original account? Yeah, it won't allow two registrations with the same name, but if I had a way to get it to you, I could change your password, and then you could change it to something else once you login. Then I could close your second account. But I couldn't post your new password here because anyone would be able to see it. Can you get into a Facebook account? Or will you be able to get email at the email you used to register this account? Although it's not public, I can view it from my Admin account. Let me know and we can get you back into your regular account.

If you can get into your Facebook account, contact me at the Seniors Only Club FB account, and I can private message a password to you.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    Bobby Cole likes this.
  5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Louise--a new computer should not affect your Gmail account, though it might change the way you access it. If you access the internet, just go to Gmail.com and log in with your username and password. You should be able to log on to Gmail from any computer that has internet access.

Frank Sanoica and Ken Anderson like this.
  6. Louise Miller

Louise Miller Veteran Member
    Registered

Beth,,I have tried at least 5 times accessing the internet to gmail
    i do have a facebook account. so will do as you say.. but they called it a comformation code. i assume that is the same as my account..? i will give er a go..
    ..and also went to Gmailcom many times!! almost came close with the code they sent me til last minute..then they rejected me. . it still does not accept me. nor my hubby at first , but he manage to get an account. so i just use his account now, as i do not email much anymore anyway.

7. Ken Anderson

I'm not sure what that would be but if you can access your Facebook account, post in the Seniors Only page and I'll send you a new password by private message. You really shouldn't be having all these problems just because you've changed computers, though; unless you were depending on your computer saving your passwords for you. Otherwise, I can access the forum through any of the four computers that I have here, as well as through a couple of Kindles. Anyhow, I will be waiting to hear from you on Facebook - either on the Seniors Only Club page there or you can friend me on my personal account. I could reset it and give you the new password in a private conversation here, as well. Please let me know.

8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

So the confirmation code is coming from Gmail? Sounds like you got one of those "we don't recognize the device you're logging on from" messages and they want to confirm it's you. (This happens to me occasionally when I dump cookies and history, etc.)

Von Jones likes this.
  9. Ken Anderson

This will be easy to fix, but I need to hear from you. Private message here or on Facebook.

10. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Ken, I'm not on FB and do not want to be. How does one PM a member here. I don't see a function for that. I see "start a conversation" -- is that the same thing? J.M..

11. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Yes, it is the same thing, Joy.

Ken Anderson likes this.