Just Ordered My Birthday Present From My Honey

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Babs Hunt, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    Chrissy Cross and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That is almost the exact same exercise bike as we just got, which just arrived today. Ours looks just like yours, and only the brand name is different on ours. It has been a while since I have been able to ride a bike, and my leg muscles sure felt it when I was trying it out; but I really like it, and I am sure that you will like yours, too............ congratulations !

Babs Hunt likes this.
  3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks @Yvonne Smith I like your new Avatar picture of you. :)

I'm really such a homebody that I know if I wake up not feeling in the mood to go to the free Health Club then I won't go and so I did some research online to find out what would be the best exercise machine to get for the season of life that I am in. And the elliptical machine (with or without the bike) seems to be a top choice for our age and for being safe for our aging bodies. The one I picked is not expensive but has good reviews and the bike part and free shipping came as added perks.:) And I needed a good all around workout machine that wouldn't take up much room in our cozy little cottage. I think the one I picked will do just fine for me. I hope we both enjoy ours Yvonne and that it helps both of us stay healthy!

I still hope to go at least a couple of times a week with my Honey to enjoy the indoor pool at the free Health Club and maybe as I feel better and have reached a better fitness level with my at home exercise machine I will join a class or take advantage of more of what the Health Club offers but for now I'm going to start with what I know I will be able to handle at home.:)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We will still be going to the health club every day for our regular exercise, plus Bobby and I usually go for a walk down to the little convenience store and back most days, which adds almost a half mile of walking to my step count when we do that.
    This will be extra exercise for me and a good way to exercise leg muscles that don't get exercised when I am swimming and doing the water exercises.
    I do not have very good balance, and when I tried using the waving handlebars, I had a hard time leaning that far forward and still riding the bike. I have short arms, no even after @Bobby Cole shortened the handlebars for me, I still have to lean and stretch a long ways. So, for right now, I am just getting used to riding it without using the hand parts. I tried the stationary handlebars, but I still have to lean a long ways even for those.
    I haven't really tried doing it standing up yet; but once I get the hang of doing this, then I plan on doing that, too. Since I will be standing and not sitting on the seat, I think that I can use the swinging handlebars once I am standing on the machine.
    All in all, I am very happy with this. I put on my Amazon Favorites playlist, and ride , and I enjoy it , and I think that you will like yours, too, @Babs Hunt.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

It's for sure I have to start somewhere...and I think for me...this is a good place to start. :)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  6. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I have an elliptical exercise machine in the garage and I use it in the winter and fall...my garage is too hot in the summer.

The bike one wouldn't be good for me because it's my tailbone that hurts. I'm in moderate shape I guess...I can walk about 5 miles but couldn't run even one I don't think...although I have run from one gate to another to catch my plane, lol.

I'm still pretty flexible and maybe should look into some yoga type exercise at the gym.

7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Well that bike seat looks very uncomfortable to me but I'm going to fix that problem by sewing a very padded seat cover for the seat. I saw they sold a sheepskin cover for the seat on Amazon but my shipping was free and if I would have added the seat cover they would have charged me for the shipping of just that....didn't make sense to me when I have some towel material I can make one with.:)

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  8. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

That should work, Babs! It would take more than that for me...it's all about how I sit on my tailbone.... besides osteoarthritis in it, I think I did some damage when I was 10 and fell right on it on our cement garage floor roller skating. Being young it didn't bother me but as we age all these childhood booboos become obvious.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I know what you are talking about Chrissy because I have some of those problems with my tailbone. I think I can make that padding thick enough to get some bicycling in...I mostly want the stand up exercising and hand bars anyway. :)

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  10. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

My birthday present came in yesterday afternoon. We will put it together on Saturday since my Honey doesn't work that day. :)

Yvonne Smith likes this.