Jussie Smollett Arrested

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Maggie Mae, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I wonder if the State's Attorney is now faced disbarment?

Illinois

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Just when we thought that the plot couldn’t get any thicker, Jussie’s attorney said that Smollett was considering suing the Chicago police department.

I can’t really believe that the fraudulent actor would do such a thing, but stupid is as stupid does so we might just see a judge Judy moment on national TV.
    I can just see it now: The friends of Smollett being questioned whilst sitting on the stand and when Jussie himself is questioned the defense attorney brings out the dreaded glove. Oh wait, that was O.J. Simpson.
    Still, the feeding frenzy that will occur with the networks and advertisers would be so massive that in comparison, the Super Bowl will seem like a keepsies marble game on a grade school playground.

Of course, I am also imagining that the day in court will be scheduled during some great event that we should all be paying close attention to but alas, the media will be busy with the great god, Jussie Smollett.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    Don Alaska likes this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Registered

That lawsuit will never happen; it would force them to unseal the documents.

Faye Fox and Don Alaska like this.
  5. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I believe it is a ploy, as the amount he is allegedly suing for matches the amount that Chicago was intending to sue for as reimbursement for legal fees and expenses involved in his case. AS @Beth Gallagher said, it won't happen because they would have to unseal the documentation for that to take place.

Tom Galty and Bobby Cole like this.
  6. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Good grief. "Travesty of justice," indeed. From Yahoo.

CHICAGO (AP) — Lawyers for Jussie Smollett on Friday filed motions contending that because the actor was the victim of an attack earlier this year in Chicago a judge should reverse his decision to appoint a special prosecutor.

In the motions filed Friday, Smollett's defense attorneys contended the case has been "a travesty of justice."

"Not only have the media and the public failed to critically look at the evidence (and lack thereof) against Mr. Smollett, but now, (Toomin) has accepted false media reports to presume Mr. Smollett guilty of charges which he pled not guilty to and which were dismissed against him," the motion states.

Tom Galty likes this.
  7. Beth Gallagher

Registered

8. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Yeah, community service, probably working in a candy factory packing fudge. :rolleyes:

Ed Wilson and Beth Gallagher like this.
  9. Samual Yoder

Samual Yoder Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

It is what it is, I prefer to stick my head in the sand and not bother with such foolishness. Life is too short to get concerned with the behaviors of others.

Ed Wilson, Nancy Hart and Bobby Cole like this.
  10. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Whilst I do like your sentiment Samual, added to the riots at the time, his actions were yet another catalyst in the attempt to divide the races even further than they were thus affecting everyone in some manner.

11. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I can't bury my head and not look, I did that most of my younger years. I want to know how to vote, who to vote for (even if it's the lesser of 2 evils), and yes, I vote. A lot of people have given up even their lives, for my freedoms, including the right to vote in this country.

It is evil behind this type of division between people. I'm honestly surprised that America hasn't been attacked from the "outside" (maybe it has, infiltrated at the very least) while foolish Americans are warring against eachother. Buying into the lies of the lying left, news media, and the people that lied and cheated their way into our highest offices. They're bold, I'll give them that!! Standing in front of God and the whole world lying when we see the Truth with our own eyes. But that's just how stupid they think we are because they rate themselves to have superior intellect, but nothing in their history shows they have it.

Tom Galty, Ed Wilson and Bobby Cole like this.
  12. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

It isn’t so much that those in high places think that we’re stupid more than they absolutely know that there’s not a whole lot we can do about their antics short of an all out coup.
    The thing is, most Americans are willing to go along to get along which was pretty much ensampled by the way Smollet’s case was initially handled. A judge who wanted to hide the evidence and a prosecutor who was willing to agree.
    After that, it was crickets for a lengthy period of time. People just nodded their heads and said, yup, business as usual.

Denise Evans likes this.
  13. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, I would agree with that as well Bobby, especially the part about "go along with, to get along" and I'd just add, keep enjoying the creature comforts they now have. I think that's how we got in this whole mess. There's something I've read in the bible, and I cannot find it now, but it talked about how people would be busy, busy living their lives, but not paying attention. Does that ring a bell for you Bobby? I actually had a dream so vivid about that very thing.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  14. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Back to Smollett: I think at the very least he should have fines in excess of all the expenses incurred by the investigation of his phony "attack." A lot of taxpayer money and police time wasted on that jackass liar.

15. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, he should pay all those expenses plus be convicted of racial fraud (a race crime), but you have to remember that his friends include Harris and Clinton so he has a lot of money behind him.

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.