Jonathan Scott (of Hgtv Fame) Was Arrested After Bar Fight

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Diane Lane, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I wonder if this means they're working on a house in the area? I haven't seen anything negative about either brother (or their older brother J.D.) in the news, so I found this interesting. Jonathan is the brawn part of the Property Brothers team. He's the contractor who remakes the fixer uppers that couples purchase into their dream homes. Jonathan and his twin brother Drew, who is a realtor, team up to find homes for the couples and customize them for their clients. http://abc13.com/entertainment/vide...tar-jonathan-scott-gets-in-bar-fight/1368002/

2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I enjoyed watching Property Brothers when I was still connected to Dish and I liked Jonathan and his twin. They may be famous now, but they are also just guys...and being in a bar situation where alcohol flows freely, there are bound to be fights, etc. occasionally. I don't think if Jonathan would have been just a regular guy there would be such a fuss about him being in a bar fight.

Diane Lane likes this.
  3. Diane Lane

Registered

I always have a hard time figuring out what's happening on the videos, and I didn't really see him doing anything aggressive or violent, but it could be that I missed it. From what I saw, he looked buzzed, for sure, and out of his element, as if he wasn't exactly sure what the problem was, or why he was being stopped and herded outside.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I told my wife last night "these guys just may not be the Angels they are portrayed to be on tv". We watch their show quite a bit and, on the show, they appear to be the kindest young men around. But, alcohol can sure change if the nicest person into a brawler.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  5. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

I was disappointed to here this. However, my understanding is that he did not start the fight. Since it was first reported, I haven't heard a thing. Has anyone heard anything since the initial report?

6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

7. Diane Lane

Registered

Things like this happen all the time, and aren't reported, because the participants aren't famous. I'm surprised I haven't seen other versions of the video, which appeared to be the official video from the bar. I'm sure someone there had a camera/phone and filmed it. I didn't really see anything outrageous on the video, but as I said, it's difficult to tell what's going on, particularly from the awkward angles of fixed video cameras. Hopefully it was just a misunderstanding, and won't be repeated. I'm actually very glad cell phones and video cameras weren't around when I was growing up. It seems these days every move is caught on camera and if you have any sort of celebrity, there will always be someone looking to catch something.