Jim & Andy: The Great Beyond

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Terry Page, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Last night I came across an absorbing documentary about the making of the 1999 movie "Man on the Moon", a biopic of the entertainer Andy Kaufman.

Jim Carrey plays the part of Andy Kaufman who somehow seemed to take over Carrey during the acting, especially Kaufman's invented character "Tony Clifton".
    The bizarre events that took place during the making of the movie, including the director Milos Foreman's exasperation, and at times fear of Carrey's incarnations were all very odd.
    The parents of the deceased Andy Kaufman, felt their son was present in Jim Carrey somehow........................ worth a watch if you fancy something different

I didn't know anything about Andy Kaufman, though the name is vaguely familiar, but I guess all American's will know him well.
    I haven't watched the actual movie "Man on the Moon" yet but will do soon.

The trailer of the documentary...

The movie..

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  2. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, Terry that was a good movie. Kaufman as very funny on the TV show Taxi, as the character Latka Gravas, well as stand up. (Latke means potato pancake) He often did seem a bit strange.....

Terry Page likes this.
  3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I remember him.

He was funny in Taxi!

5. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

I rarely got to see Taxi. The first I really took notice of Andy Kaufman was after he popped up on a Slim Whitman video I was looking for a while back. I thought it odd he was a big Slim Whitman fan. It appears to be genuine.

I guess he was a guest host here on the Midnight Special TV series. I never watched that show either. lol