Jeff Session & Senate Confirmation Hearing

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Denise Evans, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

..and as I listen to him answer questions I am thinking he is a great choice for Attorney General.

I think he is answering with facts and truth, imo. Although, I don't know a lot about him, and have listened carefully to those that obviously oppose him, as well as those that support him. I found it interesting that one or two opposing him asked questions that seemed to require an answer about "how he feels". I think the way he keeps standing for the law is what is important.

The question about "what about the 800,000 immigrants, what will happen to them", talking about if we block immigration. And I say, what about the safety of the American people?? Also a good point Sessions makes is who's responsibility are those 800,000 people?

Again, I see this clearly as a matter of America first. We cannot possibly be a haven for immigrants, and give them the help they "may" need if we can't provide for our own. The focus seems so stupid when it is more about the "poor" immigrants (illegal included) instead of poor, Amerca??

Anyway, wanted to hear from those that know a lot more about this than I do. So I'll just throw it out there.

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Jeff Sessions has been one of our State Senators for several years now, and has done a terrific job for Alabama, and we believe that he is also a great choice for Trump's Cabinet. He is very popular here, and I believe that he will also do his best to help this whole country.
    It should also be remembered that those 800,000 "immigrants" are not immigrants at all, but people (many of who are wanted criminals in their native country) have come across our borders illegally, and are more properly designated as "illegals" than as an immigrant, which refers to a person who has come to the United States legally, and is following the process to become a US citizen.
    It will be a challenge to weed through these people and work with the ones who are truly here to become citizens, while removing the ones who are just here to hide out from their own law enforcement, or worse, here as sleeper cells for terrorism. The ones who are in jail for violent crimes should be the first to be deported, and more as they are arrested for any kind of criminal activity.
    Then, if we have a wall to keep them from simply walking back int the US, we can eventually have immigrants who actually came her for a better life and will work and be productive citizens.

Denise Evans likes this.
  3. Denise Evans

Registered

Excellent points (on "who are these so-called 800,000 immigrants") Yvonne, thank you. I find it amazing how I seem to think ALL the people elected to the Senate are smart. The guy (can't remember his name now) that asked this question clearly was twisting it into something it is not about. I keep hearing how much of America just hears a little of the news, or a part of a speech, and takes what they like and leaves the rest. Things are taken out of context. That question also was was put as "do you believe that immgration should be banned because of religion". Another ploy to "trick" Sessions, or the people seeing/hearing only "part" of the whole picture.

I heard Jeff Session say that no, not because of religion, but because of a religion that has beliefs that would break the laws of America. Not a quote but pretty much what was said. Muslim is a religion, yes, but if immigrants follow the Muslim religion, then some of that religion is against American Laws, right? So we have to find out if there are people that maybe "were" following the religion, but are not now, or do not believe in all of the Muslim religion. It's like christianity, some believe all of the bible, some don't.

4. Denise Evans

Registered

Another thing I think was taken out of context is the people that have life sentences for drug-dealing. Session straightened that what out too as I see it. First of all, our laws need to be changed if people who shouldn't be getting life-sentenced "are". I don't think obama recklessly, and so swiftly, turning lose prisoners shows any competency?? I'm mostly asking as I don't know a lot about this situation either. I agree that someone with no criminal background, caught with a blob of cocaine should get a life-sentence.

From what Session answer was, I gather there is much, more to it than the question included?? It's like asking "why do you oppose this" and that is immediately wrong for you to do so, without considering "why" you opposed it.

5. Denise Evans

Registered

Hmm, starting to think Ted Cruz isn't such a bad guy. He did oppose Trump, but he seems to be more than supportive of Sessions, and, the list of things he read off about how democrats didn't speak up over. I do hope our that the next 4, maybe 8 years of government for our Senate will be bipartisan. And I think when it DOES come to pass as I well believe it will, at least "some" democrats will be supportive not for just their party, but for what is BEST for AMERICA as a whole.