IZombie

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Mal Campbell, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Mal Campbell

Mal Campbell Supreme Member
    Registered

A new series on The CW, IZombie was surprising good. I wasn't going to watch it, but thought, "might as well, nothing else is on". I'm not a zombie fan, and I hate gratuitous blood and guts - so I wasn't expecting much. However, it's not like that at all. The premise is, a young woman doctor goes to a party, in which zombies attack (it doesn't really show much of this) and she wakes up in a body bag. She's a zombie, so she quits her job as a doctor and becomes a medical examiner. A murder victim comes in, and while she's weighing the brain, a craving hits, and she takes a little bite. She's then able to "see" what the victim saw. It sounds pretty gory, but it's done with a lot of humor and very little gore.

Anyway, she helps a skeptical cop solve the murder mystery by telling him that she is physic. The show was well cast and the writing was pretty good. It's probably not everyone's cup of tea - but it's well worth watching to find out.

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

When I was a kid; I would have probably enjoyed a movie like that; but not any more. I used to love going to the new vampire or zombie movies when they came out; and then had a terrible time trying to go to sleep that night.
    Now, I stay away from anything that is even remotely gruesome. It shocks and amazes me that so many people enjoy watching movies about zombies , and there are actual programs that run on television, as opposed to the once-a-year ones we used to have around halloween. It seems like there are tv shows and movies all year around about some sort of "undead" creatures.
    It makes me wonder if the world is going to have some kind of epidemic that destroys people's bodies (nuclear war ??) and this is how we are supposed to get used to seeing people that look and act like zombies.
    I think I will stick with the ones who do not have to consume dead humans to learn something. I really enjoyed " The Mentalist", as an example.

3. Peter Remington

Peter Remington Veteran Member
    Registered

I also passed on I, Zombie although I DO follow a couple of CW shows such as The 100 and The Flash. I've never really been much of a horror fan and even the 'humor' contained in the Zombie ads failed to spark my enthusiasm for brain-eating heroines. I do think, however that they deserve credit for a fresh (if strange) new take on the tired old police procedural. I bet CBS is pretty bent out of shape that they didn't think of it first. Just picture it: "She's undead. She's hungry. She's psychic. She's cuter than The Ghost Whisperer ... CSI: Zombie!

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

I passed on Zombie it didn't sound like my type of thing. I have seen The Flash and enjoyed what I saw. I haven't seen it very often, either I don't know what time it comes on or it conflicts with something else I maybe looking at.

5. Lydia Williams

Lydia Williams Veteran Member
    Registered

I watched the first couple of episodes of this show and I thought it was quite humourous. I too am not a fan of traditional zombies - gorey things kind of squick me out, but this show wasn't bad in that aspect and I like the mystery aspect. I don't know if I'll be watching more though. I'll have to see.

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

When zombies return from the grave, can they still vote?