I've Started A Blog

Discussion in 'Reading & Writing' started by Janice Martin, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I've read several of your blog entries, Janice. Good going. You have something to say. That's all mine lacks and some good editing.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
    Janice Martin likes this.
  2. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Bill Boggs

Not meaning to be cantankerous, but how does one know which member one's post is "aimed at"? Is it me, or Janice? No offense, eh? Frank

3. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

One should say which member he/she is addressing.

5. Still waiting for your link :)

6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have a blog, too, although I have not written there lately. I guess I should get busy with that again. Mine is more of a family history type of blog, and I just add stories from the past as they come to me.
    It all started because my oldest son asked me to write down some of the things that I remembered from when I was growing up and about his grandparents. Rather than just make a list or send an email each time I remembered something; I decided to make an online record, and then whomever was interested could read the stories as I added them.
    I actually enjoy doing that, and it does make me feel like I am preserving important information about what my mom and dad were like, and what life was like back when I was growing up.
    I set mine up through google, and it was fairly easy to do, even for a person with no experience, like me. I think this is a great way for us seniors to share family history with our children and grandchildren.