I've Lost All Interest In Shopping Recently

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

It's like having a butler to do all the shopping for you isn't it?.. for a small price, or even for Free we can sit at home and not cope with crowded malls and retail parks... or bad weather, or spend money on fuel and crowded motorways , and bad tempers... and the delivery genie, just brings it to us !! :D

All of that said, I still like shopping in other countries... just don't enjoy shopping any more in this one... and if it wasn't for groceries(which I like to choose for myself) , shoes and clothing, I wouldn't go near a shop again... and there's no way in the world I ever though I'd find myself saying that!!

Bess Barber and Micki Pembroke like this.
  2. Micki Pembroke

Micki Pembroke Veteran Member
    Registered

I thought you were going to make your bras with your 5 spool serger.

3. Micki Pembroke

Registered

My shopping has certainly changed over the last few years, not sure if it's age related or just don't have the need for much anymore. Being alone does change quantity for sure. I considered myself being a thrifty shopper, waiting for sales, using discount offers, points, ect. My first online shopping was last summer, 2018, was very impressed. Hate doing the crowd thing anymore. Learned that most of the time prices were better online. Groceries is something i shop for at home. I have found, through a lot of searching, places that have fabric inventory, was very happy about that. The fabric store i shopped at an hour away, the distance wasn't a factor, but selection certainly declined, sewing must be becoming a lost art. So, so far the online shopping for me has being positive for me. Delivered to my door, how better can it be.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  4. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I didn't buy it! Besides my declining attitude, I needed the money for other things.

Bess Barber likes this.
  5. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Until the last few years I did not like to shop. Now I like to steal away and spend an hour or two shopping.
    Sometime I go with Google. I check out the latest fashions, or visit a music store. I have many times
    resisted the temptation to buy a shortnecked guitar or a ukulele. I browse them still and keep thinking I can
    make adjustments for my twisted fingers, but probably not. I was up till after 2:00 a.m. this morning reading
    and shopping.

Bess Barber likes this.
  6. Holly Saunders

Registered

Yes but is that online Bill?.... we're talking about losing the will to shop in Bricks and Mortar stores...

Bill Boggs likes this.
  7. Bill Boggs

Registered

Afraid I like doing both; three stoops or stores if I'm feeling good, two, if not. That's all i can manage in a day.

Bess Barber and Holly Saunders like this.
  8. Holly Saunders

Registered

you're doing better than the rest of us then.:D. or maybe it's because we women have spent our whole live shopping, and had enough now...

Bess Barber and Bill Boggs like this.
  9. Bill Boggs

Registered

Good point.

10. Emma Smith

Emma Smith Veteran Member
    Registered

Can relate to so many comments.

I always enjoyed driving, and once I'm on the road, I still do, but I often change my mind the next morning, after planning the night before to go somewhere. I recently took a 3 hour round trip to a national wildlife refuge (I love those) and enjoyed it, after planning but not going a bunch of times.

Shopping in stores - I enjoyed going to craft stores and fabric stores but unless I see something in the ads from the mail, I go to the
    famous superstore and get everything else online.

11. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

This thread has now put me in the mood to go check out Amazon this evening. :D

Micki Pembroke likes this.
  12. Micki Pembroke

Registered

Just not sure about Amazon yet, need to check it out further.

Lois Winters likes this.
  13. Micki Pembroke

Registered

Fabric shopping...Love it....Think i already mentioned this, have found some sites with nice inventory.

Emma Smith likes this.
  14. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

Must be something wrong with me for I love shopping. Even if I barely make a purchase, I just love shopping.

15. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

Amazon is amazing shopping. You can even get all sorts of fabrics on there. If a person has Amazon Prime, it's FREE 2 day shipping, sometimes only one day. There is no minimum. You do have to pay extra for Prime Grocery, but I don't really buy my food online, but might as some point. Prime also gives you so many streaming movies and programs. It's worth every penny I pay monthly.

Lois Winters and Micki Pembroke like this.