I've Lost All Interest In Shopping Recently

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Maybe take a little trip to a new town , and eat at a new restaurant as a Christmas present to yourselves...

Micki Pembroke and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Holly Saunders

Registered

In truth I think that has a lot to do with it for me too.. not going to work now, and not socializing as much as I did, so I just don't need the stuff!! .. ..and actually I've given the impression I buy loads from the internet I don't really.. just mainly electronic stuff.. like yesterday with my new laptop battery, and today with the new Vaccum cleaner bags

Micki Pembroke and Bess Barber like this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Was going to take a trip to Cheyenne, Wyoming to view their Christmas Parade after Thanksgiving, but it would be just too cold outside watching it. Seniors are always warned about being outside at all in cold-to-freezing weather. Walking to a vehicle is one thing, but standing for an hour or so to watch a parade can be very unhealthy. Would love to see it, but definitely don't want to end up in the ER afterwards.

4. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I guess I am a typical male that never did like shopping or browsing stores but get a real hoot out of ordering things on line and having them delivered. My recent purchases have been Queen Size sheets & pillow cases. Starbucks K Cups, toilet paper.

5. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

Now THAT is some exciting shopping. :D

I like getting a little something from Amazon every now and then. Nothing expensive. I just feel important and prosperous when the delivery van is in front of my house.

6. Holly Saunders

Registered

:D:D

7. Holly Saunders

Registered

Good thick parka , thick gloves, thermal long johns under your jeans , boots and a thermal hat, and for one hour you'll have a great time without catching pneumonia, I'm sure!!

8. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

One thing for sure, and we agreed on it last night, going outside to watch a parade isn't going to happen! Just don't want to take that chance.

Holly, would you be outside in 25 degree weather, watching a parade? Even if you had layers of clothing on, you'd be much braver than us.

9. Holly Saunders

Registered

yes I would if it was something I was interested in. Only one hour Cody in thick winter clothes..great fun !!

10. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm not a shopper. .....I like to do some online...not often....

Micki Pembroke likes this.
  11. Denise Richardson

Denise Richardson Veteran Member
    Registered

You're not alone Holly. I used to love to shop. In fact, some said I was a shopaholic which I agreed with them. Now, I don't really enjoy it and if I have to do any shopping, it is online. Then, it is only if I have to. It seems the more I stay home, the more I want to stay home.

12. Holly Saunders

Registered

Me too Denise , particularly since I damaged my knee which means I can't really enjoy my beloved walking through the nature park and the woods near the house,.. although I do spend a lot of time gardening, but I know staying home is a habit I need to get back out of again, just doing it tho' when living here in the rural shires, where there's nothing to do close by , means driving to the next town, just seem to be too much of a Faff, and really there's not much to do there either, aside from shopping, a small theatre and a library.... I've really got to get back into wanting to go into the city again, and travelling by train instead of driving.

Today after 9 days of solid rain and high winds, we had sunshine it was a cold but beautiful day , and we had to spend all day fixing up the garden. Tomorrow , if we get any sun again, I'll try and get out and take my annual Autumn photos....

However today, I took delivery of things we ordered yesterday online .. bedding, Retinol A serum, Special type of battery for my bedside clock.. and a QI charger for my IPhone, a book downloaded to my kindle last night .. all of which took no effort at all, and if we'd gone shopping for all of that it would have means a 40 minute drive to the nearest retail park, and lots of walking from store to store.

I feel guilty because the High street stores are closing at the rate of Knots in the Uk due to Online shopping, and I don't want them to close, but when online is so much easier it's difficult to justify going out to the shops!!

13. Denise Richardson

Denise Richardson Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh, a damaged knee would make it harder for me. If your city is like mine, there's not much to do there when and if I go which doesn't help. There's just so much more to offer online rather than in our cities. Plus, some stores don't carry items in the store but we can go to their web site and order it there. This just encourages me to do more of my shopping online rather than the stores. I hope your knee gets better!

Micki Pembroke likes this.
  14. Holly Saunders

Registered

I don't have a city, I live in the country and the nearest place is a small market town , otherwise I have to travel into London, and I won't drive in the city it's horrible, so it means getting the train, but all the tube (subway) changes when I get there and up and down all the escalators, means my knee has given out before I get to my destination... , so until my knee gets better, or at least bearable to walk I can't go... but thanks for the best wishes !!:D

15. Micki Pembroke

Micki Pembroke Veteran Member
    Registered

Thought i would never say this, used to enjoy the shopping thing, one hour away to a small city, called it a power shopping trip, stocking up on stuff that is high priced here at home. Now, i prefer online shopping, don't like crowds of people. All of the places i've done online shopping with offer free shipping, that's a great plus, some things come to my postal address, some delivered to my door, waiting time is very short, just a few days. Have had good experience with this so far.

Holly Saunders likes this.