I've Got A Visitor

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Diane Lane, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Ryan is standing guard. He's flummoxed, because he can't find the lizard right now. I have no idea where it went. It was bright green initially, but has changed color, so I may never find it again and be able to catch it and release it outdoors. It was freaking out when I tried to catch it, which is unusual. I'm usually able to secure them pretty easily and take them right out the balcony door and free them. lizard climbing curtain.jpg

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  2. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Diane Lane, I love lizards, geckoes, and frogs. Last spring I was wondering why I wasn't seeing as many lizards as usual, but I figured that so much rain might have been the problem. It was. They little creatures were coming into my late son's room. I had shut that door, but somewhere in April, I had to go in there, and I found about eight little lizards dead, and all lying in a row. Izzy had found a way into the room without my noticing it, so I had to seal off his entrance.

Yvonne Smith and Diane Lane like this.
  3. Diane Lane

Registered

Oh no, I set one up years ago in an aquarium with a screen top and the cats got into it and somehow the lizard died. I like them, and don't mind them being in here, but I know there's nothing here for them, so always try to get them out as soon as possible, especially since the cats are so vigilant about trying to get to them.

4. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Lizards inhabit our dining table. Maybe they are in search of crumbs although it is always clean after meals. Our housemaid said that lizards also eat rice so maybe we should feed them with leftovers. But we cannot do that because I don't want the lizards to be at home here because of our dogs. I'm sure the dogs would chase the lizard and even kill it. Lizards can be found on the ceiling particularly at night.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  5. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

We don't really get them here in the UK but I often come across them when travelling in warmer climes, so I find them a novelty sharing a bathroom or bedroom with them.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  6. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

I love lizards! I always have to watch my kitties around them because they will grab their tails, and snap them off! One summer, we had a bunch of tailless lizards around our yard. :( When I saw your heading Diane, I thought maybe you had an opossum or something. We had a young one find its way into our kitchen a few years ago. He set up squatter's rights behind our refrigerator! I finally trapped and re-located the little guy, although he was less than grateful! :D

7. Diane Lane

Registered

I love possums!! The lizards drop their tails to distract predators, so it probably doesn't hurt the lizard if a cat grabs the tail. A couple of times when I lived in a bottom floor apartment with a huge garden on my balcony, lizards would come in frequently. It wasn't unusual to wake up and find the kitties in a circle around a flipping lizard tail, with the lizard no where in sight.

8. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

LOL Diane I love possums too! The little varmint who took up residence behind my refrigerator was treated to a steady diet of bread and roasted chicken until we dropped him off in the woods. It's nice to know that about the lizards. I sort of suspected as much. :D

9. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:In my tiny backyard I've a lizard family and the female is very friendly. I let the lizard family be especially when the male is around bobbing his head at me all the time. The female stays near by and when I talk to her she closes her eyes and seems to be listening. She is friendly little lizard. Once a baby lizard came into my home and she made her lizard noise, but I noticed she went outside when I opened the patio screen door. The outdoors must suit them more than indoors does for now all the lizards are outside.

10. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

A gecko got into the house but moved so fast I was not able to catch it to put it back outside. I have seen it once since then so no telling where it is now.