It's Transgender Awareness Week, Nov 13-20

Discussion in 'Science & Nature' started by John Brunner, Nov 13, 2021.

1. Joanna Newton

Joanna Newton Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

You might have a point to some degree, but I think other factors may be more important.
    One is dopey parents who think this is a good idea.
    The other, though, crossed my mind a few years ago when I saw a cover of Time Magazine with the word/term 'gender fluid'- like today a person is male, tomorrow female, the next day undecided, etc. What crossed my mind is long ago I heard kids not only need limits but they want limits- they want their parents to care enough to say 'there are some things I will not allow you to do.' But too many kids these days do not have limits, so how far do they need to go to get attention.

Denise Evans likes this.
  2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think most of us are as you. We respect--and have compassion for--the individual.

It's the agenda-seekers that infuriate us, and it's the agenda-seekers that make objects out of those individuals that the rest of us see as humans.

Yvonne Smith and Beth Gallagher like this.
  3. Joanna Newton

Registered

Woe to those who call evil good
    and good evil...

I wouldn't go as far as to call it evil, but it's certainly wrong when it's confusing little kids.

4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

And even further, our illustrious grand pubah Presidente’ Biden reversed Trump’s edict concerning transgenders in the military. He’s okay with having the taxpayer / military pay the ticket for transgender sex changes.

Guys enter the military for a myriad of reasons; patriotism, education, GI Bill, etc but allowing people to enter the military for a free sex change is off the scale somewhere between stupid and stupider.
    The military is supposed to train men to be better men not to help a man become a woman.

Yvonne Smith and Beth Gallagher like this.
  5. Joanna Newton

Registered

No, client wanted written material for their website. So part of what I wrote was on the subject in general, and the other part on helping one's children resist pressure to 'conform' to this allegedly-new 'normal.'

Bobby Cole likes this.
  6. Joanna Newton

Registered

And yet, a couple of years ago on 'another senior forum,' people were saying it was fine for female soldiers to be required to shower with transgenders, some really snotty comments about it.

Yvonne Smith and Bobby Cole like this.
  7. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I really think that parental "guidance" of this type is abusive Joanne, and even when folks aren't parents, they can still be dangerous to our younger ones, like Time Magazine. Brainwashing :(:mad: It can be "passed down" like parents that had the wrong up-bringing that was harmful/abusive to a child and they end up carrying it on to the next generation. Kids that aren't taught better, cliche I know, will sometimes fall for lies. I remember thinking if other kids were doing it, it must be cool. I learned the hard way many times, it wasn't cool, or smart, at all. I had some good teachings from someone, I can't honestly remember a lot.

Bobby Cole and Joanna Newton like this.
  8. Joanna Newton

Registered

Evidently you didn't grow up in my home area, or you probably would have been told "If all of those other kids jumped off the Brooklyn Bridge..." :p:p

But I do agree with your viewpoint- it's abusive, whether it's intentional or just plain stupidity.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  9. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

They were looking at too many science fiction movies whereby people who go into space somehow lose their ability to notice the equipment a male and female are born with and have seemingly also lost their drive to examine the differences further.

As far as someone being gay goes, it’s pretty much been accepted that people can swing whichever direction interests them most. Further, if an ADULT male wishes to make the transition and lose what he has for a somewhere near copy of an original then so be it but do it without ceremony nor fanfare nor on the working backs of the American taxpayer.

And, just to add fuel to a fire, if a “I think I’m a woman today” kind of character walked into the showers at the gym with my wife in there then there’d be trouble in River City for that psychologically unbalanced and soon to be hospitalized individual.

10. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

When I was in the service, a lifer told the story that he was once in a bar in Germany and started making out with what he presumed was a female. His hand eventually went for “you know where'' and he got the shock of his life. He belted him / her and left.

Hedi Mitchell and Bobby Cole like this.
  11. Joanna Newton

Registered

12. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Bruce Andrew

You may still, however, feel non-male if you like, should you enjoy entering into any of a number of absurd practices!

Frank

13. John Brunner

I went to find data on the number of men who believed themselves to be women versus the number of women who believed themselves to be men, but I can't pick through the lingo and the "is/thinks" references. I was curious because the media shows very few women identifying as men...I wonder why?

Some articles say "women" in reference to men in dresses, and vice-versa. Then there's the "cisgender" and "non-binary" terminology that make me feel as though I've dropped into some kid's private club with made-up super-secret words. (Wouldn't it be more accurate to simply refer to non-binary people as "analog"?)

Bobby Cole likes this.
  14. Joanna Newton

Registered

Another odd term I noticed yesterday: ungendered.
    Huh?? :confused::confused::confused:
    No idea what it could mean. It doesn't mean 'undecided,' though, because that was another 'option.' :rolleyes:

John Brunner likes this.
  15. John Brunner

"Ungendered" = Guardian of the Harem
    [​IMG]