It's Transgender Awareness Week, Nov 13-20

Discussion in 'Science & Nature' started by John Brunner, Nov 13, 2021.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Transgender Awareness Week occurs November 13-20, culminating in a Transgender Day of Awareness (TDoR), where the victims of transphobic violence¹ are memorialized.

WIKI's explanation is a little confusing, as it describes (sort of) what happens the two weeks leading into T.A.W. but does not describe events during the actual week:

The first week of November typically begins with third parties hosting events at venues (including online venues) surrounding a main central venue, followed the second week by more venues at the main area showcasing more and more in-depth events.

San Francisco (who celebrates Transgender Awareness Month) has an Office of Transgender Initiatives.
    According to a 2021 PEW poll, 42% of Americans know or work with someone who is transgender.

¹A survey found that 50% of trans people report having been raped or assaulted by a romantic partner.

2. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

What a pant-load!!!

3. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Where do they get these ludicrous stats? What a world we have become where cancer doctors are treating "women" for prostate cancer. A high percentage of fake women didn't have their prostrate removed during their genital mutilation surgery. I wonder how many women wanting to be men have requested a prostrate transplant? How many men have requested a cervix transplant? As my friend's husband says, "If you didn't bleed, then you are still a steed."

4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

LOL (Once again, Al nails it. :D)

5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Isn't it wonderful to live in a world where a creepy mental illness is given a name and its own parade?

6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Trans week. Gay pride and parades.
    It seems to me that these folks are too concerned with their gender leanings and what they do with their pee-pee and to be brutally truthful, I personally do not care what they do with it as long as it doesn’t get in the way with what I have to do.

People take too much time trying to change or improve what’s between their legs and making everyone else know about it whilst totally omitting the possibility that one’s intelligence is FAR more important and as important as it is, there isn’t a designated month or parade to celebrate it.
    Imagine, a parade just for no other reason than to celebrate how truthfully inventive and intelligently motivated we can be without any Freudian concerns about sexual orientation.

7. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

My next thought, after I feel we are being forced to even think about this "process" is who's paying for it?? Does anyone know how much it costs? Abortion didn't start out being paid for by our tax dollars but it is now! Atleast that's what I've heard I should say.

8. Bruce Andrew

Bruce Andrew Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I just checked, still got my male body parts, so I’m good.

9. Denise Evans

Registered

Amen to that Bobby, there are so many other things to celebrate but this is all a "push" to not just be accepted as "normal" but to force others to change, their beliefs, with moral values. I don't care either, it's their choice but don't try to get me to say I believe this is normal, or even right. Especially when you are pushing your stuff on little kids who haven't had a chance to grow up enough to know right from wrong, or I should say "chose for themselves" between what is right and what is wrong. I don't know, this stuff really freaks me out. A decision like that and one day you wake up and realize you were wrong, and there you are, stuck with a mutilated body. That's typical of humans isn't it, but this is the extreme. :(

One thing crossed my mind and that is freedom of speech for us, right here on the forum. I hope we can't get attacked by the extremists for voicing our opinions online.

Hedi Mitchell and Bobby Cole like this.
  10. Joanna Newton

Joanna Newton Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

In many states: Medicaid. a/k/a our tax dollars.

Bobby Cole and Denise Evans like this.
  11. Joanna Newton

Registered

Oh, on a side note- this is one of the topics I had for what I think is called Evangelical Christians clients.. they loved it!
    Goes to show, I guess, people can find common ground in many areas. :)

Bobby Cole and Denise Evans like this.
  12. Denise Evans

Registered

LOL, some of the things I read here just make my day. This is truth, it really is turning into a world that "wrong" is "right" and "right" is "wrong". Well not for some of us atleast.

We have a neat Grocery Store that is called an Outlet right? And you can buy all sorts of good foods at a discount, you just have to keep an eye on expiration dates/sell-by-dates. I went in one day, maybe a year ago now, and started through the check-stand and what looked like a "probably" handsome young man was checking but he had heavy makeup on (eyemakup the works) and a wig that really wasn't on right. The front, no bangs, was down too far on his forehead and it was in a braid. He was tall, built like a hunk, and obviously a wanna-be a girl. One of the best checkers I've ever been through, but my heart felt, and still feels sad when I see him down there. I could tell people around me were very accepting of him, and I was as well because in real-life, my heart just hurt for him.

I do believe it is mental illness, some sort of damage been done to them as a child, etc. I don't know, and I don't understand. But the world around us has really gone nuts!

Beth Gallagher and John Brunner like this.
  13. Denise Evans

Registered

their paying for sex-changes?

Faye Fox and Bobby Cole like this.
  14. Joanna Newton

Registered

yes.

15. Denise Evans

Registered

You mean they loved talking about transgenders @Joanna Newton ? Maybe I haven't had enough coffee, lol!!