It Must Be Christmas Somewhere

Discussion in 'Crops & Gardens' started by Steve North, Jun 21, 2016.

1. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

I love Christmas Poinsetta's but I am usually afraid to have them because they are supposed to be toxic to cats. The cat I have now is pretty sedate, and I don't really see him getting into a poinsetta, but I would have to put it somewhere where he wouldn't be tempted to chomp down on it. It will be kind of a test when I bring my other plants in from outside, and see whether he leaves them alone or not. I just love a nice red full poinsettas. White ones are good too, but I am partial to red. Your Christmas cactus sounds neat though @Steve North.

2. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Diane ... How do you want me to take a picture?? With what ??

3. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I like the look of poinsettias as well @K E Gordon. Back home, everyone buys a bunch of them at Christmas and pretty much doles them out as they go on their way making the rounds, visiting friends and family. I like a nice mixture of white and red. I used to always have one down here, and I'd keep it out on the balcony, away from the cats, just in case, although they never really showed much interest in it. Never mind @Steve North, everyone I know has a digital camera or cell phone with one on it, so I assumed you did, as well. I'll look it up on Google. I know I've seen pictures of them in the past, but I can't recall what they look like.

4. Steve North

Registered

Diane .. I don't have a cell phone or any of those contraptions...
    I have a camera but it is with film in it and it is impossible to find film, let alone someone to develop it..

Diane Lane likes this.
  5. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

What a shame that is. I always loved my little 110, never really got the hang of a 35mm. I haven't used a film camera in years, but I thought I'd heard a while back that some have gone back to using them, for artistic reasons. I constantly take pictures, of my cats, the birds, etc., and sometimes I forget that not everyone has the equipment to do so.

6. Steve North

Registered

My Christmas Cactus has bloomed to the point that there are many small buds of both red and white..
    The buds are not opening up yet and the plant seems to be slow at doing just that, however it is very healthy and looking good..

I was just wondering if the plant is dormant till Christmas which is just around the corner ?????
    After all, ............ it is a Christmas Cactus....
    It will eventually have a nice array of both red and white flowers.. I will try to (somehow) get a picture done to post on here when it is in full bloom....

7. Steve North

Registered

Well, like the title says............. IT MUST BE CHRISTMAS SOMEWHERE.....

My cactus is in full bloom.. Guess it couldn't wait till Christmas ......
    Pinkish red and white flowers all over....

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  8. Steve North

Registered

I have NO idea what is going on with my Christmas Cactus....
    Christmas is coming soon and my plant is just out of any flowers.. Totally green which looks kind of boring ....

Perhaps we should of celebrated Christmas earlier when the plant was in full bloom..

Yvonne Smith likes this.