Is Your Basic Attitude Positive Or Negative? + -

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Lon Tanner, Dec 29, 2020.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

You are WAY more coordinated than I. I try to do the simplest of things in the mirror (tweezing a hair off of my ear), and stuff moves in the opposite direction I intend.

2. Hugh Manely

Hugh Manely Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I've learned to cut my own hair since I bought the color-coded clippers last spring. The 3-way mirrors are a necessity.

Since then, I've gotten pretty good at it. The nice thing is that I can work on my hair intermittently, and not all at once and wait for another 2 months, plus I like saving my money for other things.

Now, I wonder why I haven't been doing this long before now.

3. Susan Paynter

Susan Paynter Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Always cut/trim my own hair, though I do visit the salon once a while to pamper myself. The lady then asks me, who cut your hair last.? Oh well, I do admit being my own barber and she turns around and gives me her card and says, please call me when you need a haircut next time. You bet, I will!!

John Brunner and Beth Gallagher like this.
  4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

When I was a kid, my dad used to cut our hair (the 4 boys.) We had this old swivel chair he'd put outside, we'd take our turn in it, and us all would be done in about 5 minutes total.

You're In The Army Now... ♫​

5. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I consider myself to be a happy person and exhibit that persona, however, I am not happy about not being able to do certain physical activities any more like golf, swimming, running, walking without a walker.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I am open to being happy and it’s pretty easy for me to be happy but being open to it doesn’t mean that it’s always going to happen.
    I’m joyful and thankful at all times but happy? GET THE HECK OFF MY LAWN! er...not always.

Beth Gallagher and Lon Tanner like this.
  7. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, Lon, both wife and I will be much, much happier when we are able to do things that we returned to Colorado for and have breakfast/dinner inside a restaurant. Getting so, so tired of take-out. We both got the vaccines, but still have to act like we never got any. Our choice to follow the mask and distancing restrictions, but still.

Don't get me wrong, we are happy, but we could be more happy! IOW, bring on summer and our boating season.

8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I have moments of happiness, but for the most part I'm just content. My life is comfortable and I have been blessed with a wonderful husband and family.

Joe Smith and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  9. Tex Dennis

Tex Dennis Veteran Member
    Registered

Usually very easy going and happy personality BUT Friday's forecasted rain may cancel my shooting match Saturday but I shall survive that if it happens. Just something I really enjoy doing and hate to miss out on.