Is There A Family Resemblance?

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Ina I. Wonder, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don't see any reason why Cynthia should not be told the truth, and it is hard to understand why on earth her mother has not already done so before now ? I think the longer things are deliberately kept hidden from her, the worse it will seem to her when she finds out the truth.
    It is NOT the relationship between her and her sister/brother that is any kind of a problem that I can see, only the fact of the parents not telling her the truth.
    Many families have had children by more than one marriage, and that her older siblings were from a different father is not anything terrible.
    Since your son was no relation to your husband's daughter (both from separate marriages before you married each other), that they fell in love and got married is nothing to have to hide.

When you told me about it, I actually thought how wonderful it was !
    You loved your Michael, and your son ER loved Michael's daughter, Gina. Probably some of the traits that you loved about Michael was also what made your two children attacted to each other.
    I understand that it makes explaining family relationship a little confusing; but it is actually a wonderful family story, to my way of thinking.
    The problem that I see is that the granddaughter is going to wonder why her mother kept this information from her all of this time, and that in itself could cause repercussions.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ina I. Wonder , unlike everyone else, I see very little resemblance between any of the ladies in your photos...the lady second from right seems to be the least like anyone in your family IMO..but it's very hard to tell from a still photo... Although everyone is very pretty...I'm not sucking up, but I truly think you as a youngster are by far the prettiest...

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  3. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Hi @Holly Saunders , the second from the right is my son ER's daughter. I raised her and her brother after their father was killed back in 1993. She was only 13 in that picture. Before she lightened her hair she looked more like me at 13. Her face thinned out as she matured. She will be 32 in April.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

In essence you're her surrogate mum as well as her grandma really then @Ina I. Wonder , and I'm sure you've done a wonderful job...she is very pretty...and perhaps if we saw a picture of her at the age she is now, we might see more of a resemblance to you..!! :) Did ER look more like you or his dad?

5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, @Ina I. Wonder You definitely resemble your Mother to me and I do see some resemblance in the granddaughters too.
    In my family all my five sisters and I all have the same shape and color eyes (hazel) with dark black lashes. So just by looking at our eyes you know we are related. I evidently passed these same eyes and lashes down to my first grandchild through my daughter too. :D

6. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

This is a picture of ER at 18, and one of D'Ann, (ER's girl), now at 32. The last picture is of my youngest son at 18 as well. The boys could not have been more different if I had chosen their features. ER looked like my side, and Young Michael looked like his father.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

7. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

Yep, ER definitely shows a resemblance to your side of the family, @Ina I. Wonder . And young Michael... my goodness, that's a movie star face for sure! Or maybe music artist. Beautiful family all 'round, Ina.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  8. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

@Mari North , are you about rest up from your trip? You've been missed, but then I admit being the tech zombie that I am, I still have trouble keeping up with each member. I always look forward to a daily fix of Mari funnies.

So what's on your agenda for the upcoming Easter holiday funny lady?