Is There A Family Resemblance?

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Ina I. Wonder, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

My youngest granddaughter was trying to explain to her mother that she could see a family resemblance in in women on my side, but her mother insists that see only see my husband's in our offsprings. Here is a picture of my mother, a full blooded Umatilla Native American, Me, half German and Native American. I had boys , but no girls, and I have two granddaughters. What do you think? Can you see a family resemblance? How about your families? Do they look anything alike?

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I wish that I had them side by side and not scrolling. I see a resemblance in one of the granddaughters to your mother. Not sure which granddaughter.

I don't see myself in any of my children or grandsons. The closest would be Nicholas, the 12 yr old...mainly because of coloring and only if I look at a childhood pic of mine.

Pretty Girls, Ina!

3. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

All so lovely! Sorry, I can't see any resemblance to your mother or even to each other.

Wait! The girl on the bottom seems to have your mother's nose. She is very beautiful, as well.

4. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I see a resemblance in the last 3 Ina, you all have those voluptuous lips;) I am from Oregon you know and we have a Umatilla, up on the gorge. Neat little town. So there must have been Umatilla tribe there for sure.

I see a lot of pictures on my moms side of the family, ancestors, and I "hear" but have yet to see some gal they say I look like. Unfortunately, I may never know now because the gal that told me that is off traveling the world. Her and her husband are real gad-abouts ya know;)

Anyway, I look a little like my mom, and not much like my dad. There are cherokee, and nez perce in my dad's family, but I don't have the pictures now. My dad's mom and dad came to Canada from Wales. I do have a pic of my mom I can show you, and you can tell me if you see a similarity:)

momgrandmaandme.jpg

5. Denise Evans

Registered

Hows this Ina and Chrissy??

for ina5.jpg

6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Hard to tell, Denise. You're at different ages, is your mom the first pic? Very pretty! You have a big smile on your face, she's not smiling so hard to tell if the lips are similar.

I look like my dad and I won't be showing any pics of him. :(

7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Thanks Denise! First and last pic, there is a resemblance in Ina's family.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  8. Denise Evans

Registered

Oh the eyes, yes, and the second to the end gal has those eyes as well don't you think?

I bet we'd see it in Ina's as well if her eyes were a little more open, not smiling as much;) But that's a lovely photo of you Ina, one of my faves;) denise

PS Your mother looks like a lady I have seen in movies, but I can't place her right now, she looks so familiar, and that has got to be where I saw her!

9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Yes, now that you mention Denise, I see it.

Denise Evans likes this.
  10. Denise Evans

Registered

You were sharp at seeing the eyes, I'm not good at that, you picked it right away;)

11. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you all. The last picture is my youngest granddaughter, Cynthia, who is sixteen, the one who noticed the resemblance. My granddaughter, D'Ann, the third picture was 13 when her picture was taken, and like my mother and me she never wears makeup. (As you can see Cynthia is learning to apply makeup.) Ok course the second picture is of me at 35ish, and the first is of my mother at about 35ish as well.

I think Cynthia might have picked up my I eye for faces. When I got around to doing some preliminary sketches of us I realized that from the brow, nose, cheek bones, mouth, and chins we were very close in shape and measurement. Our colorings are different only because of hair dye, but we all have naturally wavy hair.

My picture was taken at a comedy club, so the photograph caught me laughing when I was unaware. I truly am one of those un photogenic people.

@Denise Happyfeet , When I consider in the difference of age between the first picture and your recent one I can see a resemblance, but not with the last picture of the older woman. Your mouth seems like a cross between the two lady's though. Who are they in relation to you. Your face always seems to be saying, "I'm not sure what your feeling, but I'm willing to listen".

@Chrissy Page , does your daughter look like you? I noticed that some of your grandsons have your coloring.

Ruby Begonia and Denise Evans like this.
  12. Chrissy Cross

Registered

@Ina I. Wonder, only Nicholas is as blonde as I was. The others are more dishwater blonde and will become light brown soon.

My daughter has brown eyes and hair like her father, but she was blondish when little. She doesn't have my lips or nose or eyes either. More her fathers side of the family.

13. Denise Evans

Registered

Hi Ina, my mom is the first pic, about age 20, give or take. Mine was the youngest I could find other then when I was about 7, LOL, I am 56 there. My grandmother was only about my age now in her pic. I was glad to see how white her hair got, I am hoping for the same as I don't care for the salt & pepper on me. Grams never colored her hair so I no that's naturally gray/white/silver, whatever;)

hugs to you both, beautiful yous, and beautiful family;)

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  14. Denise Evans

Registered

I don't see your pics chrissy?? I know I've seen you and your family though??

15. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I didnt post any pics now on here of family. You've probably seen my family on Facebook since we are friends. :)