Is There A Cure?

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Bobby Cole, Aug 8, 2021.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Smallpox is gone as far as we know, as there is no wild reservoir, but it still exists in the bioweapon labs in both Russia and the U.S., and perhaps other places as well. It is the perfect bioweapon, as there is already a vaccine and a population very susceptible to it. In the hands of a terrorist vaccinated against it, it could potentially kill 20% of the human population in a few weeks. It is the bioweapon I fear the most.

Bobby Cole and Marie Mallery like this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Smallpox still shows up in the wild now and then on the border. Now that there's no longer even a pretense of controlling our borders, I wouldn't be surprised to see it become more widespread.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

4. Marie Mallery

Registered

Would we be told if it were.

5. Ken Anderson

No. Most people are under the impression that tuberculosis has been eradicated but they have a whole hospital for it in Harlingen, Texas. A lot of third-world stuff comes across our southern border.

Bobby Cole and Marie Mallery like this.
  6. Ken Anderson

That's funny. You posted a meme for the sole purpose of discrediting it, and you chose Snopes to do that. I don't get my information from memes, and I certainly don't turn to Snopes for the facts about anything. I was a paramedic on the Texas-Mexico border for twenty years. I know better.

7. Marie Mallery

Registered

Well Ken its all I had to work with at the time.a quick search,:D.

8. Ken Anderson

Yet, you make light of people who actually look into this stuff rather than blindly believing whatever they're told by the mainstream media.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  9. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

@Ken Anderson I have not heard of smallpox coming across the border. If that were so, the outbreak would be a national disaster and there would be no way to cover it up. TB is another case altogether--it is everywhere in Latin America and I worked in mobile TB clinics in times past. Dengue and Plague are also common.

10. Marie Mallery

Registered

Make light of whom? IfI posted some I listened to now and then you'd probably make light. Who do you listen to?

11. Ken Anderson

And still, it happens. I'd like to believe that they couldn't get away with all the lying they've been doing about Dr. Fauci's virus, but we've been fed non-stop lies since it started. I didn't say that it was transmitted to anyone on this side of the border but people have come across our Southern border with smallpox and were treated in Rio Grande Valley hospitals. I know of two cases, according to doctors who were employed there, but I'm sure there have been more, given that our border is far less controlled now than it was then. There is no reason why I would have been informed of all of them if there were more. When someone comes into the hospital with smallpox, it is talked about, but not necessarily reported in the newspaper, and I don't think the CDC would be inclined to make it known, given its implications for the open border crowd. As for covering it, all they need to do is not report it in the news. That might be another thing when someone comes across the border and causes an outbreak on this side of the border, but every day that we leave our border unprotected, we take that chance.

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  12. Ken Anderson

The latest bugaboo, the Omicron variant of Dr. Fauci's virus, literally has the same signs and symptoms as the common cold. How long has the common cold been around with little more than jokes about the inability to cure the common cold? We haven't closed schools, mandated useless vaccinations, and crashed the economy because of the common cold. Why is Omicron an issue?

Given that Dr. Fauci's virus is a coronavirus and a variant of the common cold, why are we differentiating Omicron from any of the other common cold variants that have been with us forever?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
  13. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

It appears that the Biden Administration has surrendered to the Covid virus and all its variants, much like it did in Afghanistan when he admitted the Feds couldn't do much more and it was up to the states to solve their problems. I guess that will lead to a more divided America, with the Republican areas having dynamic economies and Democrat areas going into full lockdown.

Bobby Cole and John Brunner like this.
  14. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

There are videos out there of people in NYC being carted away by police for failing to show their [vax] papers when in certain venues. One that's still up on You Tube is titled NYPD Arrest Patrons In Queens Center Mall Over COVID19 Vaccination Proof Mandate. About a dozen cops walked up to restaurant table asking what seems to be 2 kids, mom and grandma for their papers. "So what brings you guys out tonight?"

I've not seen the MSM outrage (or even coverage) over this, so while I'm glad to live in a Republican state (at least during the incoming administration), the reality of the two worlds you describe will be flipped on its head (as we all know.) Delegating these gestapo tactics to the [blue] states means the Fed's hands are clean heading into this election year.

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  15. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The thing is, it seems that the Democrats in those blue states are in favor of all that. In home and business lockdowns, multiple mandatory shots and inoculation passports to go out grocery shopping and all the unpleasantries that the politicians can think of go into what they believe to be the cure.

As Ken mentioned, it is like the common cold. There is no cure, there won’t be a cure and hiding from the disease will only weaken one’s ability to shake it off.

Beth Gallagher and Don Alaska like this.