Is Over 50s Kinda' Problematic?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Avigail David, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Sifu Phil Bonifonte

Sifu Phil Bonifonte Veteran Member
    Registered

Nor do I see my own faults, usually until they become so huge that they steam-roller over me and anyone close by.

I've had my time alone - still do, with the exception of the 'Net - and it can be both refreshing, insightful and, at times, lonely.

Thank Buddha for sea monkeys!

Denise Evans likes this.
  2. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Sifu Phil Bonifonte . You need to get a puppy. That way your kitty can train the puppy. That would bring much more excitement into your world. AND, there is the extra added benefit of the exercise you'll get keeping up with the two of them. AND, your intellect will be challenged as you being to contemplate the different schemes the two are plotting against you. AND, you'll always be given a corner of your bed when the three of you call a truce.

Sifu Phil Bonifonte likes this.
  3. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I love your open-ness and honesty Avigail:) I had seen your post before, but just really heard an answer in my head. I hear voices, LOL. Well, in a manner of speaking I guess I do;)

Being over 60 now, I am doing ok with it all. But I have my days when I am not, mostly, doing great:) I took up some things I never did when I was young, and yep, I am not only able to do them, but I am good at it;) Who would have though..! Not me, that's for sure. Those that came and went before me were pretty close to their grave at my age now (63). I don't see where I have contributed much to this world, and I wasn't successful at many things. But it feels good to realize there is more than having children, good marriages, great careers, thank god for that. I still see I do have worth.

Gravity is a given, we are all going to submit to that as we age, some diseases, no cures for those. But my friend @Sifu Phil Bonifonte said something again today about "how we react" to adversity. How do we react in a dog-eat-dog world. I think to be healthy in our mind is the best health of all, because if we have healthy thinking, healthy feelings/emotions, we can be at peace in the worse circumstances. I see kids almost everyday, with huge smiles, as they go through horrible sickness from cancer treatment. Far worse than I've ever experience in my whole life. I can't help but think of something the bible says about "being as little children".

Anyway, really like your post, very, good topic for me today:) denise

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  4. Denise Evans

Registered

Now there's a question for us;) And have you noticed all the gals that are now displaying their "plumbers crack"?

Well, I don't have an answer Bobby, but that photo you use for your avatar gives me the hots every time I see it. Who is that guy, and if it's you, are you married? LOL!!

Ok, my mind wandered. I can't help but remember back when men wore their pants just the opposite, up tight, and out site! Ok, that's off topic too, it's the avatar's fault. Well, on that gravity thing, we would actually not sag as much as we age?? And are those guys in the space stations keeping track of their aging process compared to those of us here on Earth? Wow, my mind is really goin now!!

Yvonne Smith and Bobby Cole like this.
  5. Denise Evans

Registered

We all get lonely, even those with a husband/wife. Like Cher sang "sooner or later, we all sleep alone". I think it would be ideal to have someone right next door to spend time with, and then come home whenever I want to, or, he could go home whenever he wanted to. That's why I'm waiting for Phil to get off his hiny and move to his, little, grass hut. I'm going to get one just down the beach from him;) LOL:) Oh yeah, and when I come over Phil, I'll bring pepperoni pizza, and pineapple upside down cake;)

Sifu Phil Bonifonte likes this.
  6. Denise Evans

Registered

@Sheldon Scott I am with you. I know, well, fairly certain, I am not of this world. Now where I came from, ancestors etc., I do not know. But I sometimes long for a spaceship to land, and I will see all these lil people that look just like me. They'll beckon to me, and say, "it's time to go Denise"! And I will say sweetly "It's about dang time";)

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

NO ! NO ! NO!
    You can't have @Bobby Cole , @Denise Happyfeet !
    I saw him first , I found him, and he's mine . Finder's keepers..... Losers weepers.......remember ?

8. Denise Evans

Registered

You're married, no contest, LOL!!

No worries yvonne, he probably doesn't go for pole-dancers anyway, he looks too intelligent;)

Bobby Cole likes this.
  9. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

There's a lot of great stuff in this thread, and the one part that has to do with attitude definitely struck a chord.

The type of attitude I'd like to mention is the side of the human experience that has everything to do with competition. We are all competitive and we all like to win and absolutely no one likes to lose, but there are those who constantly lose to one adversary and one adversary alone........themselves.
    We can toe the mark and do some amazing things if there is someone else opposing us but when it comes to a contest we are told we cannot win because as aging humans we are just fighting the inevitable and it's time to sit down.

Two and a half years ago I was supposed to be dead. I'm not. After I didn't die when expected, I was also told that after everything else healed up that my liver needed replacing because cirrhosis is incurable and only progressively gets worse. I still have the organ I was born with and my last blood work up and scans revealed a normal, everyday liver and blood screens. Uh....the glucose was a little high but I guess I'll have to give up the quart of grapefruit juice I was drinking per day. Dern.

A year or so ago I was told that men my age could not build muscle (cleanly) and the best we could do was to keep well toned. My arms alone went from 13" to 19" in one year. Guess they just do not know what they're talking about but, things are slowing down a tad.

For me, my faith and my extremely high competitive attitude keeps me going. I'm not afraid to die but what I am afraid of is whether or not I will ever allow myself a time of complacency when I do not care if I win or lose. I never have given up so far, so why should I start now?

10. Denise Evans

Registered

Amen to that Bobby, have you met Martin? He had a similar experience, so have I. I am not willing to give up, on anything, because the "world" says I must, or "some" doctors tell me to go home and die.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  11. Sifu Phil Bonifonte

Registered

Heck, if I wanted all that grief I'd get married again! :rolleyes:

Ina I. Wonder and Denise Evans like this.
  12. Sifu Phil Bonifonte

Registered

I wasn't too sure about that arrangement until you mentioned pepperoni pizza and pineapple upside-down cake - then it started sounding pretty good! :p

The way to a man's heart ...

13. Denise Evans

Registered

does this mean we are still on for the "separate" little, grass huts??

14. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Pole dancers? hmmmmmm.......oh yes, yes. ha ha.....Your user name and Avatar...........Pole dancers..
    I'm familiar with some of the tribes in Alaska and have indeed observed some of their native ritual dances but I have never traveled much farther north in order to observe any of the cultures of the people who live at the pole.
    It does seem fitting that if your tribe has a leader, a doctor, elders and hunters that certainly the dancers should never be left out. It would be......unthinkable!

Yes, I am quite married and wonderfully so but that said I feel somewhat humbled that your eyes have found this gentleman in a favorable manner. Perhaps if my wife and I decide to take a trip to the caps we can visit and watch you and your peers dancing at the pole. :)

15. Denise Evans

Registered

Ok, but South Bobby, South Pole, LOL!! So are you going to tell me who that pic is of? I know it's a historical figure, right? And a writer I am thinking??