Irony In Life

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Corie Henson, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

We notice some ironies in life that sometimes makes us smile or be sad. One irony for me is my body weight. I was born and raised as a skinny girl and my adult weight was 110 pounds or sometimes even less. I never imagined that I would balloon to 160 pounds - I was actually 162 this morning.

That is one reason why I tell my niece who is 20 years old and quite skinny to enjoy eating. She loves to eat but her problem is she fails to put on weight. and since she's small at 5 feet, she is always mistaken as a high school student.

Sometimes life is playing on us and that may be the humor of fate.

Chrissy Cross and Ike Willis like this.
  2. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

It’s hard to find anyone around who will help do a chore but it is easy to find a bunch of people who will tell one how to do it.

4. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

could have nothing to do with what you eat...but how your body metabolizes...minerals help that process...you can do a little research and find something to help

Julia Curtis and Tony Page like this.
  5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I saw an ad on TV.
    A manager walks into the office and states that he has a major printing project that needs to be done in a hurry and as soon as the last words came out of his mouth, everyone in the office disappeared except one perky young lady sitting behind her computer.
    The young lady, with a broad smile across her face and her right hand held high in the air boldly said, “I can do it boss!!”
    The next few seconds has the boss and the lady going over the details on her computer and voila, the printing is done and they’re packing booklets into a shipping box at which point the young lady yells, “we’re finished guys” and everyone comes out of hiding.

The irony I guess would be the fact that the company wants to advertise the quality and speed of their work but at the same time, they’re advertising that they have a bunch of shirkers employed by their company…….except for one pretty young lady and the manager of course.

Or maybe they’re advertising that it only takes two people to do a large job but then, why is the company wasting so much money hiring shirkers that aren’t needed anyway?

John Brunner and Don Alaska like this.
  6. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Maybe they are woke?

Bobby Cole, Tony Page and Don Alaska like this.
  7. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Yep, you see how many people the tech companies are shedding right now, and you know they were carrying a lot of woke baggage.

8. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

In my years of working I've come across a few people that had the ability of doing nothing and had the mouthpiece to take credit for the work that was done.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
  9. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I wonder how many H-1b visa holders are in those spots. Gotta flatten the salary curve.

Bobby Cole, Don Alaska and Tony Page like this.