Introverts And Extroverts

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Psychology' started by Janine Coral, Mar 22, 2023.

1. Janine Coral

Janine Coral Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Theresa, I think doing things around ones little place and a quiet life can be very contenting.
    Little routines, within our comfort zones, is actually a delightful way to go for many. :)

Ed Wilson and Teresa Levitt like this.
  2. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I'm a solid introvert. I want a doormat that say's Go Away. :D:D

Last edited: Mar 23, 2023
  3. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Extrovert.

Mary Stetler and Janine Coral like this.
  4. Bert Davies

Bert Davies Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I'm an 'extraBert'.

5. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Is there an up-charge for that? ;)

Bert Davies and Janine Coral like this.
  6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Introvert.
    I’m pretty sure I have already written about it a couple of times but basically, the very thought of being amongst a bunch of people doesn’t excite me at all. I do not like concerts nor busy places like Walmart, Restaurants, Grocery stores, long lines or anywhere I cannot see my total surroundings. In general, I do not trust nor like to be around people.

Whilst I do claim that I could be a literal hermit, I can’t stand to be cooped up in the house and unable to hear and see what is going on outside ergo, I built a porch. I can hang out and watch vid’s, read, work on electronics, fix small engines, Yvonne’s appliances, sharpen chisels and blades, smoke or whatever whilst still being able to see and hear whatever goes on outside.

That said, I can speak, preach, teach, act, sing or whatever in front of a thousand people and never feel uncomfortable.
    It could be that is because I feel like I’m in control of the situation. Dunno.

7. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Been around large family all my life plus had a few close friends and like people, concerts never bothered me when I was younger, now wouldn't want to go to one. I liked the littler local Cheers type bar once in a while but after covid it closed down, even before that more people using drugs started coming in but it was a nice place to go before it wasn't.
    We moved here to start a donkey ranch and a couple horses and organic nursery, Jake got injured and plans changed.
    I don't like the isolation and distance from family and friends.

8. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

In my family, I am the one who likes to be in my little place but two of my syblings are experience junkies. Travel to strange places, trying new things, meeting people...My other brother does what is expected of him.
    Introvert/extrovert. One needs to be an extrovert to deal with other people. And some enjoy that. I don't but can do it when needed--quite well sometimes. I figure 'all the world is a stage and all the men and women in it, merely players'.
    Good discussion question, Janine! Is that your cat in your avatar? Soooooo pretty.:)

9. Bert Davies

Bert Davies Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

And, my first post on this forum was an 'Introbert'.

Janine Coral and Marie Mallery like this.
  10. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Interesting topic. Like @Beth Gallagher I am an introvert through and through. It doesn't matter if I exert myself in a situation I will still go back to being an introvert. So I don't believe a person can be truly both.