Interesting Raised Garden Bed

Discussion in 'Crops & Gardens' started by Pat Baker, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

I saw this interesting idea for those that are starting their gardens now that spring is here.

upload_2015-4-16_10-22-6.jpeg

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It's interesting, and pretty, but it looks like a lot of work for a small growing space.

3. Mal Campbell

Mal Campbell Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks for posting the photo, I always love seeing what others are doing in the garden. This would be perfect for those that have a tough time bending over and weeding.

It would also be beautiful with garden beds around the outside of it. I just wish I had the money to do something like that - it looks fairly expensive.

I bet it would confound the deer, too. it's small enough, I don't think they could really jump into, and it's tall enough, they couldn't just reach over the top and eat what's inside.

Really interesting!!

4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We are doing our gardening mostly in containers this year. It is a lot easier than trying to get the gound all tilled and bending upside down to plant everything. I have some cheap plastic containers and planters fron the dollar store, and Bobby has been making some beautiful wood ones.
    We have a lot of trees and tree roots on the property, so there is more shade than sunshine, and not very many good places to be able to sctually dig in the dirt withoug hitting lots of huge old tree roots. When Bobby makes a bottomless planter, then we can plant above ground; but the plant can actually sink their roots down into the earth if they grow longer roots.
    I posted a picture in the home improvement sub-forum of one of the planters Bobby made for us to plant blackberries into.